1

You yawned, sitting up in your bed and rubbing your eyes. You'd been up all night helping your mom set up her cable via phone call. It'd be easier if you could just do it for her, but the school you were attending was too far away to even see her on a monthly basis.

You drawled through your morning routine before starting the trek towards the main building of the academy. Today, you were supposed to attend a training course of a lower class, Class 1 - A.

You couldn't say you were thrilled to do it, but you were an upperclassman with a unique quirk. And they requested you specifically. It was a bother, but it was flattering.

Etō was already waiting by your desk when you entered class, grinning like a prize idiot. The two of you got close on your first day here, his quirk also being strange, the both of you were weird together.

"Awe, hey Star-Boy!" He called, wrapping his arm around your shoulder as he sifted through your bag for food. He'd taken to calling you Star Boy after your quirk picked up traction, while his just kept him weird.

Etō's quirk was called Throw. It literally just meant he could throw balls of condensed air at people, knocking them down and around. You actually thought it was pretty cool, considering the attack is literally invisible to everyone but him.

You talked with Etō, mainly you talking about today's plans whilst he munched on a milk bread from your lunch. Then the teacher came in and the two of you were silenced to begin lessons.

After lunch, it was time for you to head outside to meet up with 1A. Dawned in your training suit, you walked into the court yard, meeting Aizawa, who was tiredly glaring at his young students.

One of them caught your eye, a shorter blonde with spiked hair and a mean glare to match. He was yelling at another boy, with a green Afro, telling him to stay out of his way. Yikes.

You listened in as Aizawa introduced you and described the lesson. Only really paying attention when he got to the point of your quirk.

"I'm having YN do this because his quirk has so far been proving to maintain a nearly undefeated record. His only issue so far has been stamina. His hero name is both his ability and his weakness. Vertigo."

When your title was followed by silence, the first years blasted Aizawa with questions and bafflement. "Wait so we have to fight him?!" "What are the rules present within the match? Are there any at all!?" "You can't seriously expect us to fight someone with that little of information!" "What's his quirk?!"

Aizawa waved them off with his hand before turning towards the edge of the field, "Your enemies will not reveal their quirk to you on battle grounds, do not expect YN to either. You're in this school to become hero's, act like hero's and stop asking questions. Iida, since youre the class president, I'm putting you in first."

A buff kid with neatly black hair and glasses came out and stood opposite of you. He looked stressed. You would be too.

Honestly it surprised you that Aizawa hadn't disclosed your Quirk, but you guess everyone was right about him. You hadn't had him as your first year teacher, but you'd heard stories that he was especially ruthless with his students.

Tenya drawled his feet a bit apart, holding them steady on the ground. A glance as his calves revealed cannon looking abilities. Explosions or speed. Either way, you could handle it.

You have a friendly smiles to him before you also readied your own stance. Elbows bent, palms wide. Eyes on your target.

Tenya ran.

He bolted right towards you before quickly moving towards your left. An attempt to flank you. Fine.

You let him think he caught you off guard, let him speed around you and deliver a blow to the back of your legs. All the while, you studied him. How he moved, how he used his quirk.

This repeated, three more times. The other first years were cheering him on, believing their classmate would be the one to take you down. That he was winning.

It wasn't until Tenya was making a bound from the far end of the court, aimed towards you, that you activated your quirk.

Eyes on him, your moving target, you breathed in slowly. Clasping that moving energy, and angling it towards your own. Draining him into you.

You watched his fumble, losing his footing before attempting to keep running at you. And he was able to, but he was slower and unsteady. His face, which had turned slightly confident, now seemed crumpled in confusion.

You smirked, before you started sprinting too.

Tenyas own quirk now yours as well, you felt the power in your legs, the springs and the gears placing themselves into you as you circled around him. He stopped short the moment he saw what you did, what you stole.

It was your moment.

You ran right towards his back, and just as he was about to start running again, you lifted a leg and kicked right between his shoulder blades.

He fell with such force onto the dirt. Immediately you felt guilt rise up. Maybe you hadn't studied him enough, his legs packed a punch that you didn't mean to give.

You walked towards him, offering a hand. He glanced at it through his glasses before taking it. "I feel... weak?" He said, as he stumbled to his feet.

"Vertigo." You said, as he held his hand steady against his palm.

A look of realization dawned his face. "Ah, I see. Vertigo"

You smiled at him, "The side affects will wear off in a bit, I only took a little so you'll be back to normal in about forty-five minutes."

The first year nodded, he obviously had so many questions, the whole class did. They were yelling out in awe and in bafflement, but you ignored them, helping your opponent to a bench.

Aizawa yawned for a moment before talking over his students. "As you can see, YNs quirk revolves around stealing others. Once stolen, the original person feels a sense of vertigo and loss of energy." He said. "This is a good opportunity for you all to be able to fight against your own ability or similar ones. As well as fighting with little to no energy. All of you will have a turn individually against YN, and tomorrow we will be splitting into groups of two."

You puffed out a small sigh, but continued to try to look friendly and kind to your underclassmen. This really was such a pain, but this class specifically had some pretty extraordinary students in it, you heard. It made sense the U.A. wanted to test them.

Still, you'd much rather be out getting soba with Etō...