Part 2

Elizabeth stepped into Avery's room, the familiar scent of her daughter's favorite lavender candles filling the air. As Secretary of State, her days were filled with negotiations and high-stakes decisions, but at home, she cherished the simple moments spent with her daughter. Today, however, an unsettling feeling hung in the air.She noticed the door slightly ajar and pushed it open, scanning the room. Avery's journals were scattered across her desk, pages filled with poetry and sketches. But it was a letter lying on the bed that caught Elizabeth's eye, its edges slightly crumpled, as if it had been hastily written.With trembling hands, she picked it up and began to read. As the words flowed into her heart, a cold dread settled within her. Each line echoed with pain and despair, the depth of Avery's struggle laid bare. Tears pricked at Elizabeth's eyes as she read the final lines, the devastating realization that her daughter felt she could no longer fight."No! Avery!" Elizabeth's voice cracked as she dropped the letter, racing to find her daughter. She found Avery in the living room, seated on the couch, her eyes vacant as she stared at the floor."Avery!" Elizabeth knelt in front of her, taking her daughter's hands in hers. "You have to talk to me. I found your letter."Avery looked up, her eyes wide and shimmering with unshed tears. "Mom, I—""No, please," Elizabeth interrupted, her heart aching. "Don't say anything yet. Just listen to me. You're not alone in this. I can't believe I didn't see how much you were hurting."Avery's gaze faltered, her voice barely a whisper. "I didn't want to burden you. You have so much on your plate. I thought... I thought you'd be better off without me."Elizabeth's chest tightened at those words. "How could you think that? You are my everything. You are the light in my life, Avery. I may have my work, but you are my heart. Please don't ever believe that you're a burden."Avery shook her head, tears spilling over. "But it hurts so much, Mom. I don't know how to keep fighting."Elizabeth took a deep breath, willing her own tears to stay at bay. "I know it feels impossible right now, but I promise you, we can find a way through this together. I want to help you. You don't have to do this alone."For the first time, Avery looked up at her mom, hope flickering in her eyes. "But what if I can't?""Then I'll be there to hold your hand, to fight beside you every step of the way. We can seek help together. I'll be your advocate. You deserve to feel joy, Avery. You deserve to live."The weight of her mother's words began to break through the thick fog of despair. Avery felt the warmth of Elizabeth's hands wrapped around her own, grounding her in that moment. "Really? You'd do that for me?""Of course I would. You are worth every effort, every tear, and every sleepless night." Elizabeth's voice was firm, filled with a love that transcended any darkness. "Please, let's talk to someone. Let's find a way to lift this burden off your shoulders."Avery took a shaky breath, the heaviness in her chest easing ever so slightly. "Okay... I want to try."Elizabeth smiled through her tears, relief flooding her. "We'll take it one day at a time. I'm here, always."As they sat together, Elizabeth held Avery's hands tightly, both of them realizing that this moment was the beginning of a new chapter—a path toward healing. The letter that had threatened to pull them apart had instead brought them closer, illuminating the bond they  the days that followed, they sought help together, opening the door to conversations and therapy sessions that would help Avery find her voice again. Each small step was a victory, a testament to their love and resilience.Though the road ahead would still be challenging, Elizabeth knew that they would navigate it together. And for Avery, the light that had seemed so distant now flickered brightly, a beacon of hope fueled by the unwavering love of her mom.

 And for Avery, the light that had seemed so distant now flickered brightly, a beacon of hope fueled by the unwavering love of her mom

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter, please remember to vote & comment, it helps with the motivation to continue writing.