Part 3

As the warmth of their shared moment enveloped them, the door creaked open, and in walked Henry, Avery's dad, followed closely by her older sister, Stevie, and their younger siblings, Alison and Jason. The lively chatter from the hallway faded as they entered the living room, and Henry's expression shifted from casual curiosity to immediate concern at the sight of Avery and Elizabeth."What's going on?" Henry asked, his voice steady but laced with worry.Stevie, quick to catch on, stepped forward. "Avery? Are you okay?"Avery's heart raced, and she glanced at her mom, panic rising in her chest. "Uh, it's nothing!" she blurted out, trying to push down the fear of her siblings knowing about the letter.Alison, her innocent eyes wide, piped up, "What's nothing?"Jason, ever the jokester, tried to lighten the mood. "Yeah, did you find out top secret information or something?"Stevie shot them both a look, sensing the seriousness in the air. "Seriously, what's going on?"Elizabeth took a deep breath, ready to step in. "Avery was feeling overwhelmed, and we were just having a conversation about it."Henry knelt beside Avery, concern etched on his face. "Sweetheart, we're here for you. You can talk to us about anything."Avery felt the weight of her father's gaze. "I'm okay, really. I just... don't want Alison and Jason to worry." She glanced at her younger siblings, hoping they wouldn't pick up on the tension.Stevie frowned, her protective instincts kicking in. "But it's not nothing. If you're struggling, you can share it with us. We're a family.""No!" Avery exclaimed, a little too loudly. She softened her tone, looking directly at Stevie. "I just... I don't want to burden them with this. They don't need to know. I can handle it."Henry exchanged a worried glance with Elizabeth. "Avery, you're not a burden. It's okay to ask for help, especially from your family.""Right," Stevie added, her voice gentle. "We all care about you, and we want to be here for you. Just like Mom said."Avery felt tears prick her eyes, the weight of her emotions almost too much to bear. "I just don't want them to know what I wrote. It's... complicated."Alison, oblivious to the tension, looked confused. "What did you write?""Avery's just thinking about some stuff," Elizabeth interjected quickly. "It's nothing you need to worry about."Jason, still trying to lighten the mood, made a funny face. "Yeah! Like when I thought I could beat you at that video game!"Avery couldn't help but smile at her brother's antics, grateful for his innocence. "Exactly! Just some stuff."Stevie looked unconvinced but softened her stance. "Okay, but remember, you can trust us. You don't have to go through this alone."Avery nodded, her heart swelling with gratitude. "Thanks, everyone. I really appreciate it. I just need some time."Henry smiled, placing a reassuring hand on Avery's shoulder. "We're all here when you're ready, Avery. Just know that."As laughter bubbled up again from Jason's antics, the atmosphere lightened. Avery felt the heaviness begin to lift, realizing that, despite her fears, her family would stand by her. Surrounded by the love of her parents and siblings, she knew she would face her struggles, but perhaps, with a little more time and support, she could find the strength to let them in completely.

 Surrounded by the love of her parents and siblings, she knew she would face her struggles, but perhaps, with a little more time and support, she could find the strength to let them in completely

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter, please remember to vote & comment, it helps with the motivation to continue writing.