Part 16

Avery stood frozen, tears streaming down her face as she faced her mother. The pain in her chest felt unbearable, and every pleading word from Elizabeth only deepened her resolve. "I can't do this anymore, Mom. I just want it to end. I can't keep fighting a battle I feel I'm losing," she choked out, her voice shaking.Elizabeth stepped closer, desperation flooding her tone. "Avery, please, don't say that. I can help you. We can find a way through this together. I need you to trust me."But the darkness inside Avery felt like a heavy fog, suffocating her. "You don't understand! I've tried. I've tried so hard to keep going, but I feel so lost. I don't want to feel this way anymore. I just want it to be over!" The words hung in the air, heavy and haunting. Elizabeth's heart shattered at the sight of her daughter's anguish. "I can't let you do this. I won't lose you. You're my baby, Avery. Please come back with me."Avery shook her head vehemently, panic rising within her. "No! I want to stay here. I don't want to go back to that house. I can't face it!" Seeing the depth of Avery's pain and realizing the urgency of the situation, Elizabeth pulled out her phone, hands trembling. "I'm calling security. I can't let you go. I won't let you hurt yourself."Avery felt her heart race as she realized what was happening. "Mom, please! Don't do this! I don't want to go back!" As Elizabeth spoke to the security detail, Avery felt the ground beneath her feet slipping away. The thought of being forced back into the house, back into the world that felt so heavy, filled her with dread.Moments later, the security team arrived, expressions serious but sympathetic. "Avery, we're here to help you," one of the agents said gently. "You don't have to do this alone."But all Avery could feel was betrayal. "Let me go! I don't want to go back! I want it to end here!" she cried, her voice breaking as she tried to pull away. The agents exchanged worried glances, quickly assessing the situation. One stepped forward, ready to intervene. "Avery, we need you to cooperate. It's for your safety."But Avery fell to her knees, sobbing. "I don't want to be safe! I want to stop feeling like this! I want it to end!" Elizabeth fell beside her, desperation etched across her face. "Avery, please don't say that. I love you. You mean everything to me. We can get through this together, I promise."As Avery continued to cry out, refusing to move, one of the agents moved in and gently but firmly lifted her into his arms. She struggled against him, her body thrashing, but he held her securely. "I'm sorry, Avery, but we can't leave you here," he said softly.Another agent guided Elizabeth back toward the path, his hand resting gently on her shoulder. "Let's get her home," he said, his voice steady. Stevie, standing nearby, was overwhelmed by her sister's outburst. Tears streamed down her face as she watched the scene unfold. "Avery, please! Don't do this!" she cried, but her pleas only seemed to amplify Avery's despair.One of the other agents stepped in to guide Stevie back, whispering reassuring words. "We'll get her back. You need to stay calm."As the group moved, two more agents kept the area secure, scanning the woods for any sign of danger while ensuring the family remained safe. Avery felt the arms around her tighten as she was carried back, the sobs echoing through the trees. She screamed, "I don't want to go! I want to stay! I want it to end!" But her cries were met with silence from the surrounding woods, and as they reached the edge of the property, the weight of her despair felt heavier than ever.

 She screamed, "I don't want to go! I want to stay! I want it to end!" But her cries were met with silence from the surrounding woods, and as they reached the edge of the property, the weight of her despair felt heavier than ever

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter, please remember to vote & comment, it helps with the motivation to continue writing.