Part 17

Avery thrashed in the agent's arms, desperation fueling her every movement. "Let me go! I don't want to go back! I want to stay in the woods!" Her voice was raw, filled with anguish as she fought against his grip, every fiber of her being screaming for release.The agent held her tightly but gently, trying to maintain his composure. "Avery, please, you're scaring your family. We just want to keep you safe. You don't have to do this alone.""Safe?" Avery shouted, her voice cracking. "This isn't safety! It feels like a prison! I want to be free! I just want it to end!" Tears streamed down her cheeks as the agent continued to carry her. She looked over at Elizabeth and Stevie, her heart breaking at the sight of their worried faces. "You don't understand! You don't know what it feels like! I can't keep pretending!""Please, Avery!" Elizabeth called, her voice trembling. "We love you. We want to help you. Just come back with us. We can find a way to make this better."But Avery couldn't hear her mother's words over the pounding in her chest. All she wanted was to escape the pain that seemed to close in around her like a suffocating blanket. "I don't want to be fixed! I don't want to feel anything anymore!" With every step they took toward the house, her resolve hardened. She felt the agent's grip tighten as he adjusted her in his arms, but she refused to give in. "You can't make me go back! I won't!" she yelled, twisting her body to break the struggle, she caught Stevie's eye, and for a moment, their gazes locked. "Stevie, help me! Please!" Avery cried, her voice filled with desperation. Stevie's heart shattered at the sight of her sister in such torment. "Avery, I can't! I just want you to be okay!" she shouted back, tears spilling down her cheeks. The agent carrying Avery shifted, his voice calm but firm. "Avery, fighting won't help. We're here because we care about you. You need to trust us."But trust felt impossible in that moment. Every instinct screamed for her to fight back, to escape. "I want to go back to the woods! Please, just let me go!" Avery continued to struggle, but the agent remained steady, refusing to let her slip away. They reached the edge of the property, the house looming ahead, and the realization of what was happening crashed over her like a wave."Stop! I don't want to go back inside!" Avery screamed, her heart racing as they moved closer to the front door. "I just want it to end here!""Let's get her inside and talk," one of the other agents said to Elizabeth, who looked pale and distraught. "Please, Avery, just come inside," Elizabeth pleaded, her voice breaking. "We can figure this out together. I love you more than anything."But Avery felt trapped, her mind spiraling deeper into despair. She had fought so hard to escape, and now it felt like every ounce of hope was slipping away. As they approached the door, she knew she was losing the battle, but her heart still ached for the freedom she so desperately craved.

 As they approached the door, she knew she was losing the battle, but her heart still ached for the freedom she so desperately craved

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter, please remember to vote & comment, it helps with the motivation to continue writing.