Part 18

As they reached the house, the agent carried Avery inside, her body still thrashing as panic coursed through her. The air felt heavy with tension, and the familiar surroundings only heightened her sense of entrapment. Inside, Henry, Alison, and Jason were waiting, their expressions a mix of concern and confusion. When they saw Avery being carried in, fear flashed across Henry's face, and he rushed forward, his heart pounding."Avery, are you hurt? How can I help?" he asked, desperation lacing his voice."Dad, get him off me! Please!" Avery cried, her eyes wide with fear. She struggled harder against the agent's grip, her body trembling.The agent, determined to keep Avery safe, shook his head firmly. "I can't put her down yet. She's not safe to be released," he said, moving quickly toward the living room. As they reached the couch, he gently set Avery down, ensuring she was still secured but in a way that felt less constricting. Stevie, Elizabeth, and Henry surrounded her, their faces etched with worry. "Avery, look at me," Henry urged, kneeling beside her. "You're safe now. We're all here. Just breathe. Please, talk to me."Avery's breaths were rapid, each inhale shaky as she tried to process the situation. "I don't want to be here! I want to go back!" she shouted, her voice cracking with emotion."Please, just listen to us," Stevie pleaded, her own tears falling as she reached out for Avery's hand. "We're here for you. We love you.""Mom, please!" Avery turned to Elizabeth, her eyes filled with panic. "You don't understand! I can't keep living like this!"Elizabeth knelt down, her heart breaking at the sight of her daughter's distress. "Avery, you don't have to face this alone. We'll figure it out together. You're not a burden; you're my child. You're everything to me."Meanwhile, one of the agents guided Alison and Jason upstairs, creating some space for the family to try and calm Avery down. "We'll keep them safe and out of this for now," he assured them quietly before closing the door behind him.Back in the living room, Henry remained at Avery's side. "What can I do to help you? Just tell me," he urged gently, his voice filled with concern.Avery felt the weight of their love pressing down on her, but the darkness inside her screamed for release. "I don't know how to make it stop!" she cried, her voice raw. "I feel like I'm drowning, and I don't know how to fight anymore."Stevie squeezed her hand tighter. "You don't have to fight alone, Avery. We're all here, and we'll help you find a way through this. Just take it one step at a time."The agent watching over them nodded, sensing the gravity of the moment. "It's okay to feel overwhelmed, but you need to know that there's hope, even if it doesn't feel that way right now."Henry leaned closer, placing a hand on Avery's shoulder. "Whatever you need, we'll get through this together. You're stronger than you think, and we believe in you."As the room filled with their words of support, Avery felt a flicker of something deep within her—maybe a glimmer of hope amid the darkness. But for now, the battle raged on, and she knew it would take everything she had to fight through the storm.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading this chapter, please remember to vote & comment, it helps with the motivation to continue writing.