Problems & Solutions

As the two of them talked, Alexis started to understand what was happening. Caleb told her about his strange nightmares, but he did not go much into detail, much to her annoyance.

Caleb continued talking " This is a bit unrelated to homesickness, but I think I have been hallucinating too, just yesterday I bumped into a girl, but turns out she's passed away years ago." Alexis froze. She could not believe what he had just said, if it was what she was thinking, then it was serious. Really serious.

Alexis reached into her bag and grabbed something. It seemed to be a charm of some sort. "What is that? A lucky charm?" asked Caleb jokingly.

"Haha, something like that. Here." Alexis grabbed Caleb's hand and put the charm into his palm. "You know, things like these are supposed to bring good luck, that is what my grandma said. I want you to hold onto it, okay?" Caleb flinched at the sudden gesture, he could not give her an answer.

"Oh look at the time! I had to meet with my friend, I'll see you later Caleb!" Said Alexis and she began to leave. Caleb sat there utterly still, so still as a matter of fact, one could mistake him for a statue.

As he began to regain his senses, he heard a familiar voice. "Soooo, who is that?" Asked his friend Enzo, in a somewhat mocking tone. "Her name is Alexis-" Started Caleb before he was interrupted by Enzo. "Alexis?! As in Alexis Cunning, the physics major, The TOP STUDENT?! How did you of all people mange to get her interested in you?" Asked Enzo. "I don't know, wait interested? In what sense?! It's nothing like that we just had some small talk, because she was worried, nothing more!".

"Yeah, she was worried about you, and only a fool would believe that nothing happened between the two of you, I mean, look at your face." Enzo blabbered. "My face? What's wrong with my face?"

"Dude seriously? You are as red as a tomato!"
Caleb's face had been flushed since earlier when he got the charm from Alexis, which turned even redder once he realised his condition.
"What am I supposed to do with you? Come on let's go." Enzo pulled Caleb out of the library.
At the table, a bright light was visible-
One missed call from Nira
It was Alexis's phone.

Year 20xx, a few years after Alexis moved in with her grandmother.

"Alexis dear, do you understand now? These charms, they aren't very ordinary, they help those how are being troubled by "those that can't be seen" I will teach you how to make these yourself, you have to make sure to give these to anyone that might need them."

Alexis listened to her Grandma's words a little uninterested. She went and put her head in her grandmother's lap. "Grandma...why? Why should I go and give these charms to people?" Alexis asked her grandmother innocently. "And people might think I am weird if I just got around distributing these..." She yawned.

"Dear, you don't give these to just anyone, there are some people out there, who are more affected by auras, they even attract negative aura towards themselves. It is important for you to identify them and help them, if you help someone they would never think of you as weird.

Our only job is to help the good and rid of the bad." Noticing her grand-daughter's half asleep self, she decided that this much was enough for the day. Alexis was picked up by her grandmother, her grandmother began to sing her a lullaby, Alexis slowly fell asleep.

The charm making that was taught to her long, long ago would now be helping someone very important. Something she didn't quite realise yet.