O8 ‒ A Friend

♡

JISUNG woke up with his skin burning and drops of sweat rolling off his forehead. He breathed heavily as he tried to shake off the memory that kept plaguing his mind.

He rubbed his forehead, getting off his bed and making his way to the bathroom. Everything was in a daze, trying not to remember the bright flames that burned into his dreams.

Jisung arrived at the university and found Nari sitting on a bench outside their classroom's building. She looked peaceful, looking through her notebook as if nothing bothered her.

He could also sense people looking at her and walking away with whispers falling out their mouths. Jisung hadn't seen a single person talk to her yet.

Walking up to her, she sat beside her and Nari glanced at him.

"Hey," She softly said, still reading her notes.

"Hey," Jisung replied, looking ahead of him.

Nari didn't know if she should bring up the fact that she could see what his nightmare was. She kept quiet and Jisung fidgeted with a new piece of jewellery he had 'found'.

"Is this what your usual day is like?" Jisung asked.

Nari glanced at him and nodded her head, "Quite boring, right?"

"If you want, you can totally ditch me- my past bodyguards did the same," Nari muttered, flipping a page.

Jisung's eyebrows furrowed and before he could say anything, a page flew out of Nari's notebook. He immediately caught it before the wind swept it away and looked at it.

It was a drawing of a teapot. It had an eccentric design and Nari's body tensed up seeing the paper in his hands.

"What's this for?" Jisung asked handing the paper to her.

"Oh... um, pottery. I like to imagine the different sculptures and things to make." Nari answered, tucking the paper back into her book.

"That's cool," Jisung mumbled.

"Please don't tell my grandfather. He doesn't like me doing things that are not helping his business or deal." Nari said worriedly.

Jisung nodded, "Sure, I won't."

Nari looked at him with surprise, "Really?"

"Yeah," Jisung answered.

"Oh! It's time for class, let's go!" Nari exclaimed, standing up.

Jisung followed her but immediately pulled her aside, hiding behind a wall- away from a group of people. Nari stood in shock, in between his arms as Jisung looked at a suspicious man.

He wore a knock-off police suit and looked around the area as if he was looking for someone. Nari's curiosity got the best of her and she peered over the wall and tried to see what Jisung was looking at.