Free (Part 1/1)

A young girl.

A young girl who's gone through unimaginable pain.

A young girl who spent years feeling scared when she should've felt safe.

Pain.

Pain. Fear. Loneliness.

Agony.

Agony. Distress.

Self hatred.

Self hatred.

Hopelessness.

Hopelessness.

.

Anger.

.

ANGER!

A burning anger that threatens to consume her.

That's what years of torture-like bullying does to a young girl.

A young girl.

A young girl ambushes the sand with her bare feet, throwing herself violently at the birds.

She needs to take out her pain, her fear, her loneliness. She needs to take out her agony, her distress, her self hatred. Her hopelessness.

Her anger.

She's willing to take it all out on anyone and anything.

These birds are the perfect sound-board.

She throws herself at the birds, anger coursing through her veins. All of her emotions burn through her. It's too much.

She watches the birds scatter in frenzied fear, allowing herself to feel satisfied for a moment before ambushing them again.

The grey, cloudy sky matches her agonised emotions perfectly.

She flings herself at them again, and again, and again, screaming till her lungs give out.

***

She feels better now.

Her emotions slowly start to calm as she sits on the sand, breathing deeply.

Relief replaces the anger that was once tearing through her veins, and the inferno that had been her emotions cools down too.

She lays back in the sand, closing her eyes and listening to the waves crash, the air cool and soothing against her skin as it caresses it like a mother comforting her newborn child.

"Sorry, birds. Thank you." She whispers softly.

A young girl.

A young girl who has gone through unimaginable pain.

A young girl who spent years feeling scared when she should've felt safe.

.

A young girl who feels safe now.

A young girl who's ready to take on the world.

A young girl who's free.