Car's outside by James Arthur

"Car's Outside" by James Arthur is a deeply emotional song that captures the feeling of not wanting to leave a loved one behind. The lyrics convey a sense of urgency and longing, where the speaker is caught between the pull of responsibility and the desire to stay with someone important. The song's production enhances the emotional weight, with a soft, piano-driven melody building into a powerful chorus. Arthur’s voice carries the raw vulnerability of the lyrics, making it a heartfelt ballad about love, separation, and the struggle to part ways even when the time has come.

I'm not gettin' in the Addison Lee
Unless you pack your bags
You're comin' with me
I'm tired of lovin' from afar
And never being where you are
Close the windows, lock the doors
Don't wanna leave you anymore

Imagine someone dedicating these words to you, someone putting in so much effort for you to feel special. How would it feel to be loved just the way that you want to be. How it would feel if someone assured you all you want when things just start to fall off. It would feel too good to be true!

I'm packin' my bags that I didn't unpack the last time
I'm sayin', "See you again, " so many times, it's becoming my tagline

Now just imagine doing everything and anything for someone, giving someone all that you have. But still end up being not good enough. It breaks you in a way that you'll never ever repair. When people say time heals everything, they simply lie. With time you just start to accept things the way they are. You stop expecting and start accepting. You end-up falling in love with something that's broken inside of you to the point you stop running to places just to fix broken things.

I'm starin' at the same four walls in a different hotel
It's an unfamiliar feelin' but I know it so well

Time and again you stop finding your home in people. Even home starts to feel like just a house. The definition of peace changes from being with people we love to being alone. From loving to dance in the rain to loving to watch the rain from the window of the room. Maybe that's just growing up, if so I hope no happy kid grows up.