𝟏.𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝-𝐑𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫♡

It was the afternoon break in class, and the room was alive with chaos

It was the afternoon break in class, and the room was alive with chaos. Laughter and chatter echoed off the walls, students shouting across desks, some tossing crumpled paper at each other while others made plans for after school. It was the usual scene of teenage excitement.

Except for one.

Kiyana sat at her desk, completely detached from the ruckus, her eyes fixed on someone across the room. Amid all the noise, he was calm, lost in his world, busy scribbling away at his homework as if the chaos didn't exist. How can someone focus like that? she wondered, her lips curving into a smile as she continued to admire him from afar.

Shreyansh Khurana - the boy who never seemed to miss a single task, always so serious and determined. And here she was, unable to keep her mind on anything except the fact that she was totally, ridiculously fascinated by him.

Suddenly, a voice jolted Kiyana out of her daze.

"Tu sun bhi rahi hai na? Kya bol rahi thi main?" Aarohi asked, looking annoyed.

(Are you even listening to what I said earlier?)

Kiyana, still half-dreaming about Shreyansh, snapped back playfully. "Mereko koi kaam dhandha nahi hai kya jo teri faltu ki bakwas sunu?"

("Do I look like I have nothing better to do than listen to your nonsense?")

Aarohi slapped her forehead in mock frustration. "Bey! Kitni harami dost hai tu!"
("Wow! You're such a shameless friend!")

"Haan haan, kaam dhandha toh bilkul nahi hai, tabhi toh usko taadhi ja rahi hainn." Aarohi added, subtly pointing at Shreyansh sitting across the room.

("Yep, absolutely no work to do, which is why your busy staring at Shreyansh.")

"Seekh kuch usse... bechara din raat padhai karta hai." Rhea added as she joined them, dropping her bag on the table with a thud.

("Learn something from him... poor guy studies day and night.")

Kiyana rolled her eyes. "Jaise tu Karan ko nahi taadti!"

("Like you don't stare at Karan!")

Rhea smirked, clearly enjoying the banter. "Dekh behen, it's already been a year! How long are you gonna secretly stare at him? If you don't make a move now, you'll just be left to throw flowers at his wedding, and you won't even realize when some other girl swoops in!"

"NOOO WAY! That's not happening!" Kiyana practically screamed, catching everyone's attention. "Main kisi ladki ko uske aas-paas bhatakne tak nahi dungi!"

("NO WAY! That's not happening! I won't let any girl even get close to him!")

Kiyana could feel the heat rising in her cheeks as she noticed everyone staring at her. All eyes were glued to her after the little outburst. Her voice rang out before she could stop herself, "Aese kya dekh rahe ho? Mind your own businesses!"