Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"We only have almost two months to prepare for the upcoming Division Schools Press Conference Elimination Round." panimula ng aming School Paper Adviser (SPA) na si Ma'am Castro. "All of you will undergo a month of intensive training. But before that, you will have three weeks of preparation for the intensive training. Ready your mind, your health and your knowledge on that three weeks."

We are here on the conference room of the school. Participants of the individual category lang kaming mga naririto dahil inuna na ang mga nasa group categories, which is the TV and Radio Broadcasting and Collaborative. Iba ang klase ng training nila kumpara sa amin kaya they are separated from us.

"And also we need to prepare for our school paper. There are still no exact date of submission of school paper but it will be two-three weeks before the elimination round." Ma'am Castro said. "There are a lot of events na nakaline-up on this quarter or semester. So we will make sure we will not missed any event para maging malaman yung newspaper natin. Is there any question about that?"

I saw someone raised her hand. Ma'am Castro acknowledge her gesture. She stand up and spoke.

"Ano-ano po yung mga events?"

"Good question. We have a lot of events such as the Kasaysayang Lokal, Intramurals, Art Exhibition, Science Exhibition of Talents, Mr and Ms Meadow and such. We are also waiting for the events of other department especially for junior high school." Ma'am responded. "The schedule are already finalized, we will wait for the go signal of the principals of both junior high school and senior high school so we can released the announcement as soon as possible."

Intramurals. Dyan lang ako 'di makakarelate. I am not sporty but sometimes I join at it because of the incentives like additional points for performance task.

"Both the English and the filipino writers will join forces to create such newspaper." our SPA said. "There will be a team-up between the news writing department and the photo journalism department."

Ha? Meron? Bakit?

Of course self, need ng pictures sa newspaper.

"Meeting adjourned! Maiwan sina Romero ng news writing at Acosta ng photo journalism." saad ni Ma'am Castro.

Lumabas na ang mga campus journalist kami-kami na lang ng coach namin ni Hexagon at si Ma'am Castro ang naiwan.

Lumapit sa amin sila Ma'am.

"Good morning to the both of you. I would like to say na the both of you needed to team-up for the production of news article with images." panimula ni Ma'am Castro.

The hell? Seryoso ba? Bakit siya pa? Pwede naman yung ibang mga kasama niya.

"Ma'am? Bakit po ako? Pwede naman ma'am sila Nicole?" I asked.

At pwede din namang iba na lang sa photo journalist.

"You are more experienced than the rest of the news writer. I trust you, Prudence. All your articles are exquisite jewels and in your leadership, I am hoping that we can. produce more news articles than the previous years." Ma'am Castro confidently said.

"Bakit po namin need magteam-up?" I asked again.

Mukhang walang balak magtanong itong isa e. Ako na lang magtatanong.

"Ang pangit tingnan if yung news article ay may unique angle then hindi naman tugma sa images, vice versa. So to save time and effort, need niyong magtulungan para maganda lalabas ang outputs. We only have limited time and madami ang need mai-cover ng news department and photo journalism department."