CHAPTER 08 - LEARN TO THINK

"It's hard to think when you're around.
Because it's hard for me to choose between hearing what you're saying,
to focus on your face,
to look at your body or
to listen to my mind and wreck you
right here and now."

09:20 a

09:20 a.m.
27 January, Monday, 2022
Korean National University, KNU

CHOI HAERIN

I mentally shook my head to clear my mind from those thoughts and focused on the girl who was talking. "-And my parents asked me to stop being on my phone for hours. So I just kept my phone there and went to help my mother. Though I love them being around me, sometimes I do hate the idea of it." She ranted as she showed a face of displeasure. I laughed softly as I spoke. "They're right though. You shouldn't be on your phone 24/7. Take a break and maybe spend some time with them. It's way better than playing on your phone anyways." She just gave me a bored look.

"Sure Haerin, I'll spend my time with them. If the time I am spending with them is not to talk about my marriage all the freaking time. I am literally and absolutely pissed, to be honest. It is kind of starting to get on my nerves." She said as I could see her gritting her teeth at just the thought of it. "I understand. Kind of because I am having a date with someone this, Saturday." I told her nervously and sure enough her reaction was what I had anticipated. She choked on her juice; which she kind of spat on the ground. She was coughing like no tomorrow and once she recovered the first thing she did was to yell a "WHAT?!". All the heads in the cafeteria turned to us as she stood up and apologized.

I gave her a look and shook my head. "You didn't need to show that much of a reaction but yeah, I am going on a date. I don't know who exactly I am going with. All I know is that he is my Dad's close friend's son. That's all." I explained to her as she just sat there with her mouth hung open.

"Girl, you are going to have to do lot of explaining." The bell rang the moment she uttered those words. "Guess the universe is not with you anymore, honey, cuz even the bell predicted that you're in trouble." Ivy said as she gathered her stuff and scurried away before I could give her an earful. I just chuckled at her clumsiness as she almost fell while being in a hurry.

Guess she might be right too.