Really?

Prologue

I was pretty much bored but honestly, they paid me really well. 

I rearranged my glasses as a costumer walked towards the reception. The woman stood in front of my desk so I said with a fake enthuse, “Hello, welcome to City Star hotel! May I help you?” 

“Hello, I would like to book a room for tomorrow morning,” the woman said grinning. She looked like she was about 30. She had ginger hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink dress that reached her thigh and black high hells.  

“You only want one room?” I asked her. 

“Yes please,” the woman replied nodding. 

“How many nights,” I asked her. 

“Six nights, look, you’ve got hurry up, I need to go to work and if I’m late, I’m screwed,” the ginger woman said losing patience.

“I’m sorry but I’m trying my best here,” I said nearly rolling my eyes.

“Fine,” she replied rolling her eyes which made me quite angry but if I showed my angriness, I’d get fired. 

“Name please,” I asked her. 

“Gabriella,” she said calmly. 

I got her name on the reception’s computer and also typed in how many nights she was staying in for. I checked at the available rooms, room 23 was available so I typed it in. I calculated the price on a piece of paper and said, “That’ll be 1200 pounds.”

She got her credit card in the credit card machine and got her pin on. When she finished, she got her card out. 

“There’s your key for room 23. If you ever forget your room number, the room number will be on your key and if you ever lose your key, come at the reception and get another one,” I said fake smiling giving her the key.

“Thank you so much,” Gabriella said taking her key and went. 

It was the end of my duty so Heather, one of the receptionists, walked towards me and said, “Hi, it’s my turn, yay! How did you find it?” 

“Hi Heather, I found it extremely painful,” I said as I took my brown shoulder bag and stood up which made her laugh. 

“Oh Nicole, you’re so lazy,” Heather said shaking her head. 

“Thank you! Well, I’ve got to go back home, see you this evening,” I said and she waved at me which made me wave back. 

I got out of the hotel by going at the back exit and went in my car. I buckled my seatbelt and started the engine. As I started driving, I sang out loud. 

“We are never ever, ever, getting back together!” I sang and more like screamed. 

When I arrived home, I greeted my mum who was reading a book. 

“Hi mum, good to see you,” I said as I got my bag on the couch. I sat next to her to see her reading Fifty Shades of Grey. 

“Hi.” 

“I’ll just go upstairs,” I said and went in my room. I got my uniform off and got a blue shirt on and black leggings. 

*** 

“To be honest, One Direction aren’t that bad but you’ve got to admit, the blond one is so fit,” Valerie said smiling. 

“They’re not that bad, I suppose but the one that annoys me is Henry, the curly one. I mean, if you hear him on the news, you won’t only hear him but you’ll hear that Henry has been going out with a girl, as usual,” I said rolling my eyes.