Chapter 13: A Year and a Promise

A Year and a Promise

"Will you be staying here?" he asked, his voice laced with a hint of concern kaya naman napalingon ako sa kanya.

I looked into his eyes and nodded. "Yes. You know how much I hate going home, so dito na lang ako magstay. This place feels more like home than my actual home after all," I replied with a smile on my face.

I noticed his eyes sparkle with a mix of emotions—relief, happiness, perhaps even a touch of longing that I couldn't quite grasp.

"How I wish I could stay here with you," he said softly while resting his head on my lap.

Sinimulan kong paglaruan ang buhok nya. It's so soft. I wonder if he uses conditioner for his hair.

"You know you can't," I reminded him, continuing to stroke his hair. Letting that simple act soothe me.

He closed his eyes, surrendering to the moment. "I know." He replied, his voice barely a whisper.

As I glanced around the room, a sense of sadness washed over me. The familiar posters on the walls, the scattered clothes, and the faint scent of his cologne all made this place feel like home. But I knew it would feel empty without him. Yet, I constantly reminded myself that it was only for five years. It's just a fleeting moment to the life waiting ahead of us. Once he finished his contract, we would have all the time in the world to make up for it.

I couldn't help but imagine our future, painting vivid images in my mind. When he gets back, maybe we could find a better apartment, a cozy place where we could start our life together. Perhaps even a house of our own, a place we could call home.

Maybe he would build it himself, pouring his heart and soul into every corner. And by then, we would be married. We can even have children by that time, as their laughter echoes through the walls of the house. The joy from that will fill our home with warmth and light.

A smile formed across my face as the thoughts swirled in my head. A home brimming with love, where every room tells our story and every moment feels like magic.

I can't wait for it to happen.

"Zyrelle Locre?"

The sound of my name pulled me out of my thoughts. I sat up straight in my chair as I took a deep breath to steady my nerves.

"Yes, Ma'am." I replied, trying to sound confident despite the constant twisting I feel in my stomach.

She looked at my resume and examined it closely before returning her attention to me.

"Tell me about yourself," she asked, her tone was professional.

I took another deep breath, mentally organizing my thoughts before answering.

The interview lasted for about an hour, filled with questions about my skills and aspirations. There were moments when I stuttered due to my nerves, but I noticed the interviewer nodding along, as if showing interest in everything I said. It felt like it went well based on how it went, which gave me a glimmer of hope that I might get the job.

She leaned back in her chair. "Well then, Zyrelle, we will just call you if you get the job, okay?" Sabi nya habang inaayos ang mga gamit na nasa lamesa.

I nodded my head. "Okay po. Thank you, Ma'am." I responded as I bowed my head slightly in gratitude before rising from my seat.

As I walked out of the office, a mix of relief and anxiety washed over me. That was unnerving. Kahit ilang beses ko nang naranasan ang ma-interview ay hindi ko pa din talaga maiwasang hindi kabahan.