chapter - 7

Siri pov.

Days are going smoothly with a little improvement in our relationship,  Now we both talk to each other more , we start our day having coffee together on the balcony and end  share our day with each other at the end of the day in the night while dinner. He helps me in my studies and in cooking. He kept house help for cleaning house and washing clothes and dishes. I was against it but he didn't listened to me. May be he is right as now iam giving more time for my studies.

Arjun's pov.

Sunrays hitting my face through the window causing disturbance to my sleep, with difficulty i opened my eyes and saw Siri is still sleeping. I saw the time it was 7:00 Am , usually Siri woke up early , what happened to her. I decided to wake her up before it gets late. I called her but there was no response. I patted her cheek only to know she is burning with fever.

" Siri wake up , you are having a fever "

" Sir please let me sleep for some more time" she said with a dull sleepy voice.

I sighed and got up from bed and took a cloth dipped in water and kept it on her forehead, then i went to the kitchen to make some food. I made idly and sambar quickly and went to wake up Siri. I woke her up and asked her to do her morning chores. Then i served her breakfast. She just ate 1 idly. I sighed and took her plate and took a piece of idly and kept near her mouth indicating her to eat. Her eyes went wide but she opened her mouth to eat. I feed her while eating mine. Then i gave her the medicines.

I asked her to apply leave and take rest.  But she refused as it was our duty day. But I insisted upon taking leave. But she is not ready to take leave as she doesn't want to burden divya . I sighed and asked her to get ready. She got ready and we started leaving. She was going towards her scooty but i stopped her by holding her hand, she raised her eyebrows in confusion. I asked to come along with him in car. As usual she refused but this time i am not going to listen to her, i dragged her to the car and make her sit. We both left for the hospital.

Siri pov.

After completing op i had our lunch at the canteen along with my colleagues as we didn't cook anything at home.  Even Arjun sir joined us. I know he deliberately joined us so that make sure that i eat my food.

Then we left to emergency block as ot is our duty day. Actually our surgery department has 7 units we will do night duty on each day of the week, who ever has a op day will do emergency night duty on that day. This night duty is mostly managed by pgs but there will be one duty assistant professor for tough cases. Last week Arjun sir did the duty so this time pallavi mam will do. Incase of any serious emergency even our cheif also will come.

We all went to emergency block and started seeing the cases. Most of them are minor cases of RTA who came for suturing which are mostly managed by interns and 1st year pgs, some of the cases are pain abdomens mostly due to gastritis. As far as now there are no major cases.

Meanwhile Arjun sir came for rounds, all of us shocked as todays duty is pallavi mam but why he came. We are stood up to wish him. He too wished us back and asked us to sit. Divya asked him " sir today duty doctor is pallavi mam, but why you came sir?"

" Am i banned to come here ?" He questioned Divya raising an eyebrow.

" No no its not like that , just asked out of curiosity "  divya said

"I exchanged duty with Dr.Pallavi " he said to divya calmly.

" Why sir are you missing Siri aa sir? " Divya asked him making my eyes go wide with shock, even all other pgs also shocked due to her sudden question.

" Maybe maybe not" he said playfully looking at me.

" Awwee" divya said making me blush.

He keeps checking me weather i had any fever or any discomfort .

I am loving this care towards me. I know he doesn't have to do this, but he is there here for me this means a lot for me. I think i made best decision by marrying him.

In the evening break we both went to the nearest restaurant for dinner as i didn't had much break time.

" Siri take leave tomorrow have rest," i tried to resist but he then said " i am not asking you , iam saying it or you can think it as order" . I sighed decided not to resist him. After dinner he gave me medicines and went back to hospital.

We had an emergency apendectomy at the night after that the cases flow decreased. Arjun went for rest, he even asked me to take break but it doesn't look good Leaving all my colleagues to do work and me taking rest . So i decided to stay.

In the middle of the night fever started now it is associated with chills and rigors. I rested my head on the table itself. After sometime someone shook my shoulder, i raised my head to see divya . She touched my forehead to find me having high fever. She immediately checked my vitals , my temperature is high and my BP is low.
They immediately connected cannula and kept paracetamol infusion on the doctors desk itself. I rested on the table itself.

After sometime i felt someone caressing my hair i lifted my head to see Arjun sir. I gave him a weak smile. He is glaring at me. I know the reason for that glare. I again rested my head on the table. He sat beside me.

After completing the infusion he asked me " are you able to walk"
I nodded in answer. He then asked me to come. I asked him where .

" No more questions, just come with me"
He held my hand carefully guided me to parking area. Then he opened the car door made me sit and locked the door. He took the driver seat and started driving to home i guess.

I didn't feel good because i left the duty in the middle.

He looked at me and said " don't worry it's already 5 Am in the morning, just 3 more hours, they will handle, take rest."
I just hummed.