•One•Memories•

"Dean I think we would go to Bobby's house." Castiel squints out the windsheild of the Impala. Dean jerks sideways.
"Why?" Dean growls, readjusting.
"We are five minutes away from it and maybe some of Bobby's books could help us with this case." Castiel suggests.
"Cas, I told you already. No. I'm not going there." Dean complains.
"Dean, please. You don't even have to come in." Cas's voice turns soft. Dean glances as Cas and his puppy dog eyes. Dean sighs and makes a sharp right turn onto the gravel road. Dean pulls up infront of the once lively and home-bound house. He looks at it and expression falls from focused to sad.
"Dean-" Castiel starts. Dean kills the engine and steps out of the Impala, never once taking his gaze off the house. He slams the door and walks around the hood of the Impala unsteady. Cas slam the impala door and steps infront of Dean.
"Dean, stop." Castiel puts his hand on Dean's shoulder.
"Cas, knock it off." Dean says itritatedly. He shakes Castiel off his arm and shoves past him. Dean walks towards the old run-down house. He stops just short of the first stair. Castiel walks past Dean and Dean snaps out of his daze. He trots up the stairs filling his head with the thought that it's just a normal house. Just like any other house. Castiel gently opens the door and pushes it aside as he walks in. Dean steps in after him, as his breath hitches. He gets a flashback that is so vivid that he can't push it away.

"Uncle Bobby!" Sam cries as he dashes through the door. Dean walks in him with a straight face. John steps in behind Dean.
"Hello, John." Bobby says adjustig his hat.
"Bobby." John nods.

Dean takes more steps that seem all too hard to take as he forces himself into the living area near the fire place.

"Bobby! Hurry!" Dean calls as he clicks an empty shell out of his gun.
"I'm tryin' boy!" Bobby snarls. Dean's gun clicks empty. He flips it in his hand an slams it against the demon's forehead. Bobby states the last saving grace word of the ceremony. Dean whips his head around as a demon stabs Bobby in the back.
"Bobby!" Dean dashes over as the demons and ghosts surround them.
"I'm fine! The fire!" Bobby yells. Dean slides the bowl off the table and hucks it into the fire. A bright blue flash and then silence.

Dean takes more struggled steps into the library. He sees Castiel flipping through a maroon cover coloured book.

Dean leans against the doorframe in a plaid shirt with the sleeves rolled up watching Bobby flip through a book.
"Hey, Bobby. You uh. You need anything?" Dean asks.
"I'm fine, boy." Bobby snaps. Dean rubs his arm.
"Okay." Dean sighs.

"Cas what are we even looking for?" Dean grumbles.
"Bobby had a book that had several different kinds of demons and evil creatures and their weaknesses." Castiel explains putting the maroon coloured book to the side.
"Oh yeah, that one. It's uh. Over here." Dean points to the window and walks over to it.

"Remember to keep them sharp and clean them after every hunt." Bobby explains as he hands Dean a knife.
"Whoa!" Little Dean explains.
"Thanks Bobby!" He cheers. Bobby ruffles Dean's hair.
"Dean! Let's go!" John yelps through the house. He sounds angry again. Dean sighs and slumps his shoulders.
"Bye, Bobby." Dean sighs.
"I'll see you soon enough, boy." Bobby drops his hand from Dean's head.

Dean picks up a dusty, leather bound book.
"Here." He says handing it to Castiel.
"You okay, Dean?" Castiels asks slipping the book out of Dean's hands.
"I'm fine." Dean urges as he turns away from Cas.
"What do you keep pausing for?" Castiels asks. Shoot. Dean thinks. The flashbacks.
"No reason." Dean says. He walks theough the house slowly. He stops when he walks past Bobby's bedroom. He opens the door caustiously. He steps inside the room. He stops as tears claw at his eyes.
"Dean?" Castiel's voice comes from the door.
"It's so empty, Cas." Dean's voice breaks as he places his hand on the bed post. Dean looks to Cas as a tear slips from his eyes down his cheek. Cas walks over, putting the book in his trenchcoat pocket. He walks up to Dean and wipes the tear away with his thumb.
"Nothing lasts forever." Castiel says. Dean slides his head away from Cas and looks as the nightstand. He finds a picture, framed. He picks it up. It has a picture of Sam, Dean, Bobby and John. All standing together. Looking like a family. He opens the back of the frame and there is more than one picture.
One of Sam, Dean and Castiel smiling all together.
One of Sam, Dean, Castiel and Bobby.
"This is our family." Dean says sliding the pictures out of the frame. He sets the frame gently on the nightstand. He shuffles through the pictures.
"Dean." Cas interrupts. Dean looks up at Castiel with a sad expression.
"We should go." Castiels suggests. Dean nods and clutches the pictures in his calased hands as he and Castiel walk back through the house.
"It's hard to breath, Cas." Dean says as their boots make long, lonley echoes through the house. Dean stops and Cas turns around to look at him.
"It's empty. It used to be home. This was home. Sam is gone. Bobby is gone. Cas. You're all I have left." Dean says looking up when he says Cas's name as silent tears stream down his cheeks. Dean pushes his lips together and let's out a struggled sob as he opens his mouth again.
"Dean. This is not your home anymore. Your home is waiting outside. You're home is a sleek black shadow on wheels." Castiel points outside and gives Dean a threatining look. Dean nods and puts his head down in shame as he walks past Cas. He prances down the stairs as he hugs the pictures. He walks to the driver side as his tears dry. Cas closes the door and joins Dean by the Impala. Dean looks to the house one last time and to Castiel with a smile. They get in the Impala and Dean hands Cas the pictures.
"Put those in the glove box." Dean instructs with a solid voice. Castiel nods and clicks open the box as he shuffles the pictures into the space. Dean starts the car and whips it around. He drives down the gravel road and to the backroad. He kicks it into high gear leaving the house as nothing but a memory.