Chapter 3 : Did he just ask me out?

Author's POV

Two weeks had passed and Scarlette's and John's little flirt- fights were in full swing. Both of them were bickering and flirting like hell, but Scarlette was nowhere admitting that she liked the said boy. And  on  the other side John had mixed feelings, it was a feeling that made him confused, did he like her or was this feeling just a hormone thingy, whatever it was, he liked it!

Scarlette's POV

It was Monday morning, I already knew I was late as I ran through the corridor. On reaching my class, I found out my class teacher was not there yet. Feeling relieved, I walked over to my desk to see John sitting in my seat and taking to Ivy. As I walked closer, I understood that they hadn't noticed me yet. Then I heard John say -
John- Please Ivy! please? can't you just tell me if Scarlette's going to the carnival or not?
Ivy- As I said I will tell you but first, why are you even asking? Are you planning on going with her? *teasing*
John- Wh-what? when did I say that heh?*flustered*
Ivy- Well buddy, I am not answering you until I get my answer.

I looked at the flustered look on John's face and he seemed sooo adorable, and then I was like, "wait wh-what?! what am I even thinking? whatever" after questioning my non-functioning brain , I got closer to them , that's when Ivy noticed me and smiled.

Ivy- Yo baby!
Scarlette- Hello, hey why is he in my seat ?
Ivy- Why don't you ask him~
John- Well you don't have to, I was in your seat to talk to Ivy
Scarlette- Yeah I heard
John- wh-what did you hear?! don't you know miss? evaesdropping is not good!
Scarlette- well you were speaking loudly in class what did you expect?
Ivy- so ? what exactly did you hear?
Scarlette- I don't know, why should I tell you guys? Hey, now go back to you seat

As I sat down, Ivy teasingly asked about what I heard and I tried to change the topic swiftly, which I completely failed at. Then she told me how John was asking if I was going to the town's carnival. Well, I was going to go to the carnival but the true question was, why was he asking ?

Author's POV

It was lunch time but someone was there not eating, instead, she was humming a song and writing her notes sitting on the school playground. You guessed it right! It's Scarlette! She was so engrossed in her work she didn't even notice John standing behind her first the last 5 minutes.

John's POV

I could see what she was writing , it was her English homework which was due in a few hours, heh it was clear that she didn't like homework at all!  As I looked at her closely, I saw a mosquito sitting on her shoulder, how dare that damned mosquito try to drink her blood!?As I was about to catch the mosquito , Scarlette turned around and screamed at the top of her lungs, probably surprised to see me. Scared at the reaction I screamed back and as she was about to fall backwards i hurriedly tried to catch her which ultimately resulted in me falling on my back with her on top of me instead! After a moment I gathered my courage and asked

John- Are you okay?
Scarlette- ye-yeah!
John- I see
Scarlette- umm, can you let go of me please*shy*
John- Wha- ohh,of course! *embarrassed*
Scarlette- umm, see you class bye! *hurriedly*
John- wa-wait!
Scarlette- yes?
John- Are you going to the carnival?If yes then when?
Scarlette - yes and why do you wanna know?
John - Actually I was gonna go too, so I thought it would be nice not to go alone *cherry red cheeks*
Scarlette- I see, I am going on Thursday if you wanna go with me just say it monkey!I will meet you at the gate of the carnival.
Now byeee

Watching her leave made me realise about what had happened... did I just ask a girl out on a date?!!