𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

HALLOWEEN OF 1984'
[ chapter four ]

 ⌝

THE MIRROR WAS fogged from the steam of the shower, but Y/N could still make out her reflection as she carefully applied her lipstick. The darker shade of red contrasted sharply with her pale skin, adding an extra touch of mystery to her costume. She adjusted the volume of her hair and glanced at the black cloak draped over the back of her chair. It was cliché, but it suited the mood of the evening.

She sighed, smoothing her hands down her dress, black and velvet, just tight enough to be alluring but comfortable enough to wear through the night. She adjusted her sleek black dress that hugged her curves, its plunging neckline and thigh-high slit perfect for the Halloween party. Her nerves were high. It wasn't just any Halloween party—it was his party. Nicholas Menendez's family was known for hosting the most lavish events, and this one would be a bit different, considering their parents were out of town. They had met briefly a few times before, during social gatherings or chance encounters at university, but tonight was different. The was a spark in the air, an electricity that had her stomach churning with anticipation.

As she pulled her cloak over her shoulders, she couldn't help but wonder if he would even notice her. The manor would be packed with guests, most of them draped in extravagant costumes that screamed for attention. Nicholas, with his dark hair and brooding smile, was sure to be the center of attention, no matter what he wore.

Y/N took one last look in the mirror, twirling to see the full effect of her costume. She liked the way the cloak swept the floor dramatically, her blown out shiny hair curling over her shoulders. Tonight, she would be someone different—someone mysterious, playful, perhaps even a little dangerous. She would be someone who could catch his attention.

With a deep breath, she slipped on her heels, and headed out the door.
———————————
The drive to the Menendez manor was a journey through a world transformed. The streets were alive with Halloween spirit; every house seemed to compete for the title of most festive. Jack-o'-lanterns flickered on porches, their carved faces grinning in the darkness, while colorful lights twinkled in trees. Ghosts and ghouls hung from rooftops, swaying gently in the chilly breeze, casting long shadows that danced along the sidewalks.

Y/N smiled as she passed children in costumes darting from house to house, their excited shrieks filling the air. A group of little witches cackled and ran with their bags bulging with candy, their giggles mingling with the sound of rusting leaves. Nearby, a small ghost—draped in a white sheet—was holding hands with a pirate, both eagerly chanting "Trick or treat!" as they approached a neighbors door. The sight filled her with nostalgia for her own childhood Halloween adventures, when every costume felt magical and the thrill of candy hunting was unparalleled.