𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐞

JOEY

before i could even think about what i was doing i was following the girl out of the house.

i had no fucking idea how her, who i assumed was her boyfriend, would leave her to walk home alone at 11pm.

especially a girl like her.

as soon as she walked in, i instantly remembered her. the girl from biddies.

my thoughts were soon cut off by a voice from the other side of the road, "um hi?" she said, confusion laced in her voice.

"you're walking home?" i asked, only after the words came out of my mouth i realised how much of a borderline stalker i sounded like.

"well, i was about to fly before you came and disturbed me." she deadpanned, shoving her hands into the black coat she was wearing.

i silently walked over to the side of the road she was on. all whilst she was staring at me like i was a madman.

which in this situation, yeah i most likely was.

"what are you doing blondie?" she asked, her dublin accent being extremely visible as her tone was skeptical. "waiting for you start flying so i can join you."

"seriously?" she laughed, almost like she didn't believe a word i was saying.

"seriously."

we didn't say anything. instead, we fell into a comfortable silence, the cool early december chill hitting my skin.

"you got a name?" she said breaking the silence, my eyes turning to meet her hazel ones. "does it matter?" i replied pulling a cigarette out from my washed out jeans and lighting it up.

"yeah, it would be embarrassing if i got kidnapped by someone i don't even know the name of." she said smirking at me.

she was fucking perfect.

"joey lynch." i answered, offering her the cigarette which she quickly took, the smoke filling the air as she took a drag from it.

"suits you."

i didn't know what she had meant by that, and i didn't know if i wanted to know what she had meant.

"mhm" i hummed as i took a drag of the cigarette that was slowly fading away, "so, you got a name or are we going with pretty girl?"

she looked over at me with a smile on her face, a smile that could light up the whole fucking world if she tried.

"lexie kavanagh."

the name immediately rang a bell, a wave of knowledge came over me as i held back my laugh. "ah, so you're the sister of the lad whose dick emory broke."

"that would be me." she answered with laughs in between each word she said, "how do you know emory?"

"been friends for a while." i shrugged, knowing that was the furthest from the truth it could get. i couldn't remember exactly when i had first spoke to emory ryan's, but no matter what happened she came under the same umbrella shannon did.

"how do you know her?" i then questioned, "i don't know her" she shrugged as we continued walking. "i've seen her around school, she hangs out with lizzie sometimes. i just know her as the pretty girl who broke my brothers penis."

from the answer she had just given me, i knew lexie kavanagh was one of the good ones, she gave a compliment to the girl who literally broke her brothers dick.

the rest of the walk to her house was filled with random conversations but fucking hell, her voice was mesmerising.

i knew one thing for sure, i was screwed.