22. London

• Austin's P.O.V. •

"London?!" Ava asked.

"Yeah. It's for, um, work." I admitted.

"What the hell do you guys have to do in London?"

"Ava, you know I would tell you, but I can't. The less you know-"

"The better. Yeah, I get it." She cut me off.

"It's only for a week." I said.

She sighed. "I just don't want you to get hurt. I worry about you every time you say you're working. I mean, i'm sure you can handle your own, but still."

"You shouldn't worry. I'll be fine, I promise." I told her. It was silent for a while.

"When are you leaving?" She questioned.

"Tonight." I answered.

"Oh." She replied.

"I've been getting my stuff ready all day. That's why I didn't come to school today."

"Well, do you have any spare time right now?" She asked.

"A few hours." I answered.

"Want to come over then?"

"Yeah, I'll be right there."

"Okay." She said, then hung up. I grabbed my phone and my keys, locked my house, and then made my way over to her's.

I knocked on her door, and seconds later she opened it and let me in. Then she started making her way upstairs.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"My room. Come on." She motioned for me to follow her and I did.

"This is a nice little space you got here." I said, looking around her room. This was the first time i'd been in her house, let alone her room.

"Thanks." She plopped down on her bed. "This is where I spend most of my time."

I sat down beside her. "Where's your family?"

"My dad's at work, and my mom said she went shopping and took my little brother and sister with her."

"So, we have the house to ourselves." I smirked playfully, making her roll her eyes.

"Shut up." She laughed. She grabbed the remote from in between us, and turned on her tv.

"Teen wolf!" She shouted.

"You like this show? It's so stupid." I said, and she slapped my arm. "Ow!"

"This show is not stupid. It's badass and I love it." She defended. "And you're watching it with me."

I groaned, but made myself comfortable on her bed. After the second episode, I started to realize that it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

"Do you really have to go to London? I know you told me not to worry, but I can't help it." She looked up at me.

"Yeah, I do. You don't have to worry, I promise i'll be okay. I told you." I smiled down at her, trying to assure her.

"I know." She sighed lightly.

I pressed my lips against hers quickly then pulled back. "I'm going to miss these lips while i'm gone." I said, brushing my thumb against her bottom lip.

"Well, you better get as much of them as you can while you're still here." She said.

I took that as an invitation and connected my lips to hers. We ended up making out for like five minutes.