A Beach Day

"So, what do you want to do today?" Regina asked Henry, setting a plate full of eggs and bacon in front of him.

Henry shrugged. "I don't know."

"Well, we could get some back to school shopping out of the way," Regina suggested. It was getting closer to the start of the school year and she knew it was going to be difficult for him to go back to a class full of kids who were all younger than him while his friends were in high school. She wanted him to have everything he needed to look good and be prepared.

"I don't want to go shopping," Henry grumbled. "It's too nice out."

She sighed, knowing he had a point. "Well, then, do you have any ideas about what to do outside?"

"How about the beach?" Robin suggested, entering the kitchen. "Sorry to eavesdrop, but I thought I'd help."

"That's okay," Regina replied, glad someone had an idea. She turned to her son. "What do you think?"

Henry perked up. "I think the beach sounds like fun."

"Alright," she said, smiling. "Rockaway or Coney Island?"

"Coney Island," he replied. "We can do the boardwalk as well!"

She nodded. "But first, you need to finish your breakfast."

Henry grinned, eagerly eating his eggs now. She sipped her coffee as Robin joined them with a bowl of cereal. "Do you want to join us?" she asked him.

"Yeah, Robin," Henry replied. "You should come."

Robin grinned. "I would love to."

"Would Roland be able to come too?" Henry asked before shoveling another forkful of eggs into his mouth.

"Careful how much you're putting in your mouth," she warned him before glancing at Robin. She knew that she was still a sore spot between him and Marian and that was limiting what he could do with his son.

Robin shook his head, wiping his mouth. "He has preschool and it's too short notice to pull him out. Maybe another day."

"Okay," Henry said, turning back to his breakfast.

Once he was done, Regina sent him upstairs to get changed. She placed her hand on Robin's arm. "I'm sorry," she said.

He looked up at her, frowning. "For what?"

"The whole mess with Marian," she replied. "I hate that I fucked things up for you."

"No, that's not your fault," he insisted.

She gave him a look. "You don't need to protect me. We talked about this and agreed I made a mess."

"We agreed you overstepped," Robin reminded her. "But this is now on Marian. She acknowledges that you had a point but is still just lashing out."

"And you're suffering, not me. That's not fair," she told him.

He shrugged. "I'm pretty sure these things aren't supposed to be fair."

"That doesn't make it right," she reminded him.

"Well, no," he agreed. "But it also doesn't make it your problem. Don't worry about it."

She sighed. "Easier said than done."

He nodded. "I know. I worried about you when you were going through your issues with David."

"You were?" she asked, surprised.

"I was," he replied. "It took a lot for me not to come over here and deck him."