Passenger Princess - TS

Trigger warning : Large age gap

Y/N pushed open the door to Tony's lab, the familiar whir of machinery and glowing holograms greeting her. Tony was hunched over a workbench, focused on his latest invention. When he noticed her, he looked up, his face breaking into a bright smile.

"Hey, Y/N! What brings you to my realm of genius? Need a new gadget, or are you here to be dazzled by my brilliance?"

She returned his smile but felt a wave of seriousness wash over her. "Actually, I think we need to talk," she said, crossing her arms and leaning against the doorframe.

Tony's grin faded slightly, replaced by a look of concern. "Not here," he said quickly. "Let's take a drive." He gestured toward the garage, clearly wanting to escape the intensity of the moment.

"Sounds good," Y/N replied, grateful for the chance to step outside and gather her thoughts. They made their way to his sleek Audi R8, and he opened the passenger door for her. She slid into the leather seat, feeling both anticipation and anxiety stirring in her stomach.

As they hit the road, the hum of the engine filled the silence. Y/N glanced out the window, watching the city lights blur by, and felt the weight of the conversation looming ahead. Tony kept stealing glances at her, clearly sensing her tension.

After a few minutes, he finally broke the silence. "So, what's going on in that beautiful mind of yours?"

Y/N hesitated, unsure of how to approach the subject. "You know, sometimes life takes unexpected turns," she began, trying to find the right words. "Like how I never expected to be friends with a billionaire genius, let alone spend so much time in your lab." She shot him a teasing smile, hoping to lighten the mood.

Tony chuckled, but the concern never fully left his eyes. "Yeah, well, I can be a bit much. A genius, an egomaniac—take your pick. But you stick around, so what does that say about you?"

"It says I have good taste," Y/N replied with a light laugh, but her expression grew serious again. "Seriously though, you know how much I appreciate our friendship, right? You've always been there for me."

"Of course, I know that," he said, glancing at her. "You're like family to me."

"Exactly," she continued, choosing her words carefully. "But lately, I've been thinking about how friendships can evolve. How sometimes, people who are close find themselves wanting more. Not that I'm suggesting anything drastic or anything..." She trailed off, feeling her heart race.

Tony's brow furrowed, and he remained quiet for a moment, clearly considering her words. "Are you saying you want to go somewhere we've never been before?" he asked carefully.

"I'm just saying it's natural to wonder about the potential for something deeper," Y/N replied, her tone serious but warm. "I mean, it's a crazy world out there, and we've both been through a lot. Sometimes I think about how lucky I am to have you in my life. I just wonder if we could explore what else that might mean."

Tony let out a deep sigh, the weight of her words hitting him hard. "You know there's a twenty-five-year age gap between us, right? That's a pretty significant difference. I don't want you to feel trapped or regretful about this later on."

"I get that," Y/N said softly. "But I also think that age is just a number. I care about you for who you are, not because of the years between us. I'm not asking for anything right now; I just want to know if you've ever thought about it. If you've ever wondered what might happen if we took that step."

Tony glanced at her, his expression a mix of concern and something deeper. "You really mean that, don't you? You want to explore this?"

"Yeah," she said, her heart racing. "I do. But only if you're open to it. If not, we can keep things as they are. I just wanted to be honest with you."