Chapter 3: Forbidden Moments

Those stolen moments became our secret—between the chaos, we found sanctuary in hurried glances and whispered confessions. Meetings ignited with adrenaline turned into echoes of laughter and shared stories late into the night, under the guise of rivalry.
We snuck stolen kisses in alleyways. The thrill of being caught only drew us closer as we fought against the growing desires threatening to engulf us. Luka's presence was intoxicating, and I started to crave more than just those fleeting encounters in the shadows.
One evening, after a particularly heated confrontation between our gangs that left both sides bruised and battered, we met at our usual spot—a deserted rooftop overlooking the city. The air was charged with tension as we both stared at the skyline shimmering under a blanket of stars.
"What are we doing?" Luka asked, his eyes searching mine. "We're playing with fire."
"Maybe I want to get burned," I said, the truth tumbling out before I could catch myself.
He stepped closer, the distance between us collapsing. I could see the cogs turning in his mind, the battle between loyalty to his gang and the undeniable bond that had formed between us. Finally, he closed the last bit of space, pressing his lips against mine.
In that moment, nothing else mattered. The world, the gangs, the danger—all of it faded into the background as I lost myself in him. It felt reckless, and yet it was the most exhilarating thing I had ever experienced.