Chapter 2

╔══ ≪ ♦♦♦ ≫ ══╗

The next time you woke up, you found yourself tucked comfortably in the bottom bunk bed of a familiar-looking room. There were no flashing, colorful lights anywhere, only the gentle, peaceful morning sunlight.

...And a brutal, head-splitting headache.

As if your bed had transformed into a speeding bus that braked just as you were about to get up, you fell down once again. You clutched your throbbing forehead, it took all your strength just to look up.

Your dull ceiling had somehow turned into a mesmerizing dance of shifting shapes, creating ever-changing patterns as the 'gentle' morning light threatened to singe your eyes.

You had done it.

Amidst the series of transforming shapes, you caught sight of a certain silhouette. You needed a few solid seconds to finally recognize her as the girl who had shared a room with you for more than a year.

The same girl also accompanied you to the nightclub last night.

Despite how blurry your vision was, you could somehow tell that she wasn't smiling.

Your vision cleared up a bit more, allowing you to register the fact that your roommate was towering over you with her arms folded, looking pissed as hell.

You had done it, alright.

"...Morning?"

You said, mustering an awkward smile.

"—You idiot!"

All of the sudden, she pulled you into a hug. Her voice was shaking, and so were the arms that enveloped you.

Did something happen last night?

"W-what happened?"

"You still dare to ask!?"

You suddenly got yelled at by your roommate.

No matter how hard you tried, your mind only returned blank. You remembered downing your alcoholic drink as fast as you could so you could leave the place but—or, unless...

You began to connect the dots.

"...Did something happen when I was drunk?"

"No! Thank God no! Which is a relief... Something could've happened to you!"

Your roommate became hysterical for some reason. Yet, no amount of questioning would warrant you a real answer from her. That was no way to react to someone who had just gotten drunk at the end of the weekend.

Nevertheless, when you saw her shoulders shaking as she quietly sobbed, you couldn't find it in you to dismiss her as being overreacting.

Something indeed happened, and your roommate was reduced to a teary mess as a result.

Let's leave it at that.

If it was THAT serious, the news would probably reach you sooner or later.

For the time being...

You reached for your roommate's back, hugging her back.

"Sorry for making you worry. I, uh... won't get drunk again?"

"You better be—!"

Afterwards, your roommate cooked you a tasty hangover soup, which worked like magic. You ate it as she gave you a whole sermon about how you should curb your drinking.