The Crew

Eric, Jackson and James are our chefs,

Min, Suzy, Ellin, Tiffany and Jessica are our female crew,

Mark and Jb are our male crew

And Tyler Kwon is in charge for the maintenance.

Amber smiled at the new faces lined up in front of her, The first day of her work at the restaurant was not that disastrous as she thought it could be. Just after her grandmother's burial, she immediately decided to go to work though she was not required to. she explained that she needs to have close supervision to the new restaurant to build up its status and that made her boss happy.

Judging by their aura and looks, she thought of them as responsible ones, just like what she needs as teammates. They look goal driven and serious and she liked it.

Her eyes caught Jessica who smiled at her differently, somewhat like a devilish smirk of some sort. Jackson gave her a friendly glance, the other girls has this lustful eyes at her, Eric and James was just listening quietly but she was well sure that they weren't even listening and Tyler has his eyes glued at Jessica all this time.

"I hope we'll have a joyful workplace" Amber said and noticed Jackson scooting near Jessica and they whispered at each other.

She have a feeling that something is going on between them but she dismissed the thought, it's more possible that it was Tyler whom Jessica was with because of the way he looked at them especially how his eyes flared on Jackson.

"You may now go to your respective counters, Thank you" She dismissed them and started walking around the place, her eyes roaming as to where she needs to put more improvements.
"Such a handsome manager we got here" She turned back and saw Jackson playing with keys on his hands.

"I'd take that as a compliment, Thank you" She sat at one of the empty seats and smiled. She found Jackson cool, easy to befriend and funny. She knew that from that simple greeting that they'll be friends, It's not that hard to read him and personally know who he is deep inside.

"I'm Jackson, of course you know me"
"I'm Amber Liu and of course you know me too"

"You're Chinese?"

"Nope. Taiwanese - American. Seldom visits Taiwan though, You?"

"Korean - American"

"I've noticed most of you are from Korea or has Korean descent, your previous boss has requirements?"

"No. It just happened. Hope you'll stay longer"

"Why? Is there any reason for me not to stay?"

"Tyler? He's a creep"

"How so?"

"He has an obsession for my friend Jessica and it creeps everyone out. Noticed his stare? It's scary" Jackson pretended to chill but just laughed it out afterwards. He was never scared of him. Yes, he might have bigger build than him but his constant stay at the gym to work out made him confident enough if ever Tyler would end things up between them.

"Yeah, I noticed him. I actually thought you and Jessica have a 'thing' but I guess not"

"Jessica's gay." The guy emphasized the word gay with his eyes not leaving Amber's.

"Oh. I see"

"Want some drinks boss?" He winked at her who just smiled and nodded. Not forgetting to remind him about not giving her liquor.

"Juice then"

Jackson left and she swiveled her chair to the other side, planning a crew night tomorrow to get to know more of her workers. Jackson is not bad, but the others she didn't know yet piques her interest, especially Jessica.

"Jackson told me you want some juice boss?" A grin formed in Amber's face and moved to face whom she knows was Jessica. She was holding the glass of cold Iced tea on her hands with a smile on her face.

She was wearing an all white dress, with light make up, her hair on a bun and her name tag on the right chest shone like her beauty.

"Jessica, come take a seat" Amber tapped the empty stool on her side and motioned the cold but beautiful lady to sit.

"Is this a one on one interview with the crew?" The other girl carefully placed the glass on Amber's side and sat.

Somehow she felt conscious with her boss' eyes on her she felt like the handsome supervisor was digging everything inside of her. She thought of amber as observant and keen, she seems to notice every detail at anyone she meets and it did made her uncomfortable.

"No... Not Really. Jackson offered this actually but I guess it's you he told to come" Amber's eyes traveled from the bun of Jessica's hair down to her black stilettos. She remarked about Jessica's elegant stature and beauty, how she smartly handled herself and her confident poise.

"James did this, he's the best with beverages" Jessica tried to change the topic and lighten the environment but she cannot, Amber's eyes were piercing through her as if she can't move, as if she was being hypnotized.

"Just like what I've heard, you yourself suits best at your line of work" A blush crept into her face, a simple compliment and it melted her insides. Her defenses were getting weaker and weaker that at any moment she'll do whatever the person beside her says.

"I just love my work"

"You're Korean - American too?" Amber took a small sip from her glass, watching the ice cubes collide at each other. The juice tastes good and she likes it, definitely this restaurant can offer more than what she thought it could.

"Yes, born and lived in cali"

"I see, I'm Taiwanese - American."

Amber felt a presence watching them, and from the corner of her eye she saw Tyler's eyes meters from them, watching her and Jessica talk with piercing ones. She didn't mind it, she was never creeped out by simple doings like this and it will never creep her out to have Tyler staring at them like that.

They spoke for another couple of minutes, learning about each other's work and wants until they both got comfortable with each other. They were just about to stand and go to their counter when a shout echoed from the kitchen and Suzy came running to them scared.

"Jess, Sir... Jackson!"