foreword

[S U M M A R Y]

[S U M M A R Y]

Allegra Sinclair has three problems.

The first one is that she has fallen for a boy who has no intention of catching her. And when she says fall, she means dive head first and fall face first on the ground. It's sad, really. Especially when he turns out to be her neighbor who has a love for playing classical music on his piano at two in the morning when she has a final exam the next day but can't really complain because she's in love with him. Like a lot. Has been since high school. So she settles for doing what she does best when she's stressed, baking a shit load of cookies and dumbing them on his doorstep.

The second one would be that she promised herself she'd forget all about said guy and start fresh. Except now that every time he smiles at her or greets her in the hallway she's back to square one, aka fawning over him like a love sick puppy and watching plenty of Disney princess movies in loneliness. It was to the point of stupidity and distraction.

Which brings her to the third problem, being that she has currently managed to lock herself out of her apartment and now she's standing outside of said charming boy's door, clad in her polka dot princess jasmine pajamas with a bucket of ice cream in one hand and a bunch of Disney princess CD movies in the other while her normal brain to mouth filter decided to stop functioning as she starts saying stupid things to try and sound clever while just rambling even more.

Really, unrequited love is a terrible affliction to be cursed with.

▬▬❁❀❁▬▬

[E P I G R A P H]

No matter how your heart is grieving,
if you keep on believing,
the dream that you wish will come true.

Cinderella (1950)

▬▬❁❀❁▬▬

[N O T E]

It's back! The first story that I wrote, the story that helped me get over a certain someone, and the story that is closest to my heart.

I am so glad that I've finally brought this story back and this time, it's going to be a full length novel instead of a short story, and it's going to be much more better.

You will notice the many major changes in this book like how it's in a college setting now, how Allegra isn't Spanish anymore, and how Grant's name has changed and he is now portrayed by a black person. Literally this rewrite is a completely different version than the previous book.

As I have stated before, I wasn't satisfied with the previous version of this story because of the fact that I wrote about an ethnicity that I don't know much about (Spanish) so this time, I have decided to write about an African American character considering I am African/Arab myself so I have plenty of background about what I'm writing. The YA genre doesn't have much diversity, so when I write about a POC character, I'd like to explore them and portray them as much as possible to give readers the chance to relate to the book. Let's hope I do it right.

▬▬❁❀❁▬▬

[W A R N I N G]

swearing

triggering themes

▬▬❁❀❁▬▬

[C O P Y R I G H T
S T A T E M E N T]

Copyright © 2018 by Eiman M. Altilip
All rights reserved. This book or any portion thereof may not be reproduced or used in any manner whatsoever without the express written permission of the publisher
except for the use of brief quotations in a book review.