𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5

Her eyes slowly opened, and as she took in her surroundings, she saw me hovering over her. She tried to sit up, but pain shot through her body and she winced. I quickly moved to help her, my hands instinctively reaching towards her, but then I remembered the dilemma he was in and pulled back.

She noticed the hesitation in my movements and a puzzled expression crossed her face. She tried to push through the pain and speak, her voice croaky.

"Where am I?" she asked, her gaze falling on me, who was looking visibly uncomfortable.

Y/N's POV

"You got unconscious ma'am, I didn't know what to do so I brought you here." He said.

My heart ached as I looked at Jungkook, who didn't recognize me. I knew him instantly, but it was clear that he had no memory of our shared past. The pain of his forgetfulness stung, but I couldn't blame him; after all, years had passed since they last met, and memories faded.

My eyes searched Jungkook's face, looking for any flicker of recognition, any sign that he remembered me. But there was nothing - just a blank expression and a hint of confusion. It hurt like a knife in my heart, the realization that Jungkook didn't even recognize me. I tried to hide the pain, but a hint of sadness crept into my voice.

"I'm really tired," I muttered, my chest tight.

"You are hurt ma'am." He said slowly.

I acknowledged his words with a small nod, still feeling the pain from my injuries. I shifted slightly, trying to find a more comfortable position, but even the slightest movement sent stabbing pains through my body.

"Yes, I am," I admitted, my voice barely above a whisper.

"Your wounds are severe and need to be cared for immediately. I tended your superficial wounds but the wounds under your dress need to be inspected." He explained.

I was keenly aware of the wounds he was referring to, and the idea of him tending to them made my heart race. I knew it was necessary, but the thought of someone I had a romantic relationship with in the past is accessing my body made me uncomfortable. I tried to keep my voice steady as I spoke.

"I understand," I said, taking a deep breath. "But... how do I know I can trust you?"

Jungkook took a moment to process my question. He understood my concern - it was a natural reaction to be wary of someone you didn't know, especially when it involved personal space. He met my gaze, his eyes gentle but firm.

"You don't," he answered simply. "But I can assure you, I only have your best interests in mind. I won't hurt you."

I studied his face, trying to gauge his sincerity. I wanted to believe him, but years of being wary of others were tough to shake. His words were reassuring, but trust was something earned, not given.

"Fine," I finally relented, my voice soft. "Do what you need to do, but please... be gentle."

Every moment was filled with tension. Jungkook moved gingerly, trying not to cause me any unnecessary pain or discomfort. My breath hitched as he carefully removed my shirt, and a shiver ran down my spine when his fingers grazed over my skin as they brushed against my clothes.

Jungkook's POV

I focused on the task at hand, my eyes roaming over her bare skin as I examined her injuries. I tried to keep my touch professional, but it was hard not to notice the smoothness of her skin and the way her chest rose and fell with every breath. I was fighting a battle within himself - I was drawn to her, but I didn't know why.

I gently traced the contour of her ribcage, my fingertips grazing over her skin, and she flinched slightly under my touch.

I paused, my fingers still hovering over her skin, as I noticed her reaction to my touch. I pulled back, studying her face. She looked so fragile, yet there was something about her that intrigued me.

"Does it hurt?" I asked, my voice low.