𝐝𝐨𝐠 𝐤𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝟏𝟎𝟏

LEXIE

i had stolen sookie.

i had reached a whole new level of pettiness and had stole my bleedin brothers dog for gods sake.

i didn't even bother getting changed when i got home. instead, i grabbed sookie and her lead and got her in my car and here we were. sat on the curb outside of the park with a warm bag of chips from the chipper in my lap.

for the record, the bag was warming my fucking freezing legs.

so a win, i guess?

i was ignoring my phone, more specially the thousands of messages i was getting from the asshole himself.

i knew i was being over dramatic, it didn't take a genius to figure that out. the thing was, i hated the way johnny saw through me, talking about me as if i was invisible.

it made me feel invisible, and i hated it.

i wanted to be heard, i wanted my emotions to be validated by someone. anyone.

but it didn't feel like that half the time.

before my thoughts could get any more depressing, a pair of awfully large shoes appeared in front of mine causing me to look up to see who had rudely interrupted my evening.

"what are ya doing?" joey asked, his face was filled with confusion as he looked down at me.

as soon as his piercing green eyes met my dark blue ones, i swear my heart skipped a fucking beat.

because the truth was ever since he had walked me home, he hadn't left my head.

i knew it was wrong, i had a boyfriend for fucks same. but i just couldn't help it.

"sitting?" i replied, the sarcasm being clearly obvious through my voice. i half heartily expected him to nod and carry on with his evening.

what i didn't expect was for him to sit fucking down beside me.

when he sat down, the moon now making his features stand out more.

"what happened to your face?"

the words were out of my mouth before i could even think about it, "nothing." he mumbled, pulling a cigarette out of the packet and lighting it up.

i knew he was lying. well- i didn't know but i was pretty damn sure he didn't wake up with a bruise half the size of his face for no fucking reason.

but i didn't push, could've called me claire biggs in the moment.

"who's this?" he then asked, motioning to sookie who had her chin resting on my knee, "this." i said as i ruffled her fur, "this is sookie, sookie this is joey, the very nice lad who walked me home so i didn't get kidnapped."

i paused to look over at joey who was looking at me with amusement written all over his face, "this is my brothers dog who i stole." i then sighed.

"you stole ya brothers dog?"

"mhm."

"why?"

"because he's an asshole." i grumbled. "do you ever feel invisible?" i then asked. i wasn't exactly sure why i had asked it, but i did.

"depends, why?"

"i just- you know what, it doesn't matter." i stopped myself before i said anything more. i barely knew this boy and trust me he didn't deserve to know what was going on in my life.

i didn't want him to know.

"i've gotta go" i said quickly standing up. i was embarrassed of myself.

pathetic.

pathetic.

pathetic.

the word circling my brain as i walked as fast as my feet would take me to my car.

i opened the back door for sookie to jump in then rounded to the front and got in myself. i didn't drive off right away, i just sat there.

wondering 'what the fuck am i doing with my life?'