Prologue

Paris, France- March 15, 2027

I have been called by many names over the millennia, but you may call me Dustria. All those misdeeds towards me those many years ago have now accumulated to my greatest moment.

I look over the Paris night-scene.

I can see simple people who will be dead soon. I also see a young boy, around ten, playing in his room in an apartment. Normally i would take no heed of this as mere mortals are beneath me, but this boy radiates something ancient and powerful.

I will deal with him shortly, but business before pleasure.

I start my incantation, "Oh, dark powers of old! Harken upon my voice! My power! Yea, beings who have been a blight upon humanity since the beginning, and the ones who have been a blight upon the day itself! I rip a gateway in this fabric! For ye to come forth, and be my vassal of destruction! And conceive every action of your revenge under my instruction!" I scream into the very fabric of the dimensions around me. I can feel power reverberate in the air around me.

I watch as a hole 500 paces high by 500 paces wide, opens before me. It is an utter darkness around which light itself seems to avoid.

I see glowing eyes start to appear in the darkness, and slowly, dark creatures- no, creature is a word that means "created by God"- and these monsters are godless, soulless, monsters from a dark realm not even Lucifer dares to travel.

I see a werewolf in the throng of monsters flowing from the gates of sin. I motion for him to come to me. He immediately runs up to me, and bows. I order him to kill that boy, and point him out.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

My name is Pierre St. Claire. I have lived in Paris all of my life, and i love this place.

I'm ten years old, have black hair with a bluish tint, grey eyes, and fair skin. I'm sitting at my desk in my room, carving some wood statuette, when some monster lands violently on my balcony.

I immediately throw my knife at the wolf-thing, and it sinks into the creatures left eye. It howls in pain and rips out the knife.

"Pierre!" I hear my father yell. "Où êtes-vous!?" Where are you?!

"À l'aide! Au secours!" Help!

He bursts into the room and charges the monster. The two start grappling around. My father is a large, strong man, and can hold his own against such a beast.

"Aller!" Go! He tells me.

I run out of my room and into the living room. I see my mother.

She grabs me, opens a secret door in the wall from world war two when the house used to help hide jews from the nazis, and tosses me in.

"Être tranquille. Peu importe ce que, d'accord. Tout ira bien," Be quiet. Stay in here no matter what, okay. Everything will be fine.

She closes the door. I can see through a tiny hole as my mother is torn to shreds and eaten by the werewolf.

Then it howls