𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 47 🍈

Later that evening, they arrived at the event together, the large ballroom filled with elegant guests in designer outfits. The air was buzzing with conversation, business deals being whispered over champagne flutes, and the occasional clink of glasses. Y/N stayed close to Taehyung's side, feeling slightly out of place among the seasoned businessmen and women.

Taehyung, ever the composed CEO, was the picture of charm and confidence as he mingled with various business partners. He introduced Y/N politely, always with a subtle but affectionate hand on her lower back. However, after a while, Y/N found herself getting bored. She wasn't exactly interested in the discussions about mergers and profits.

"I'm just going to step away for a moment," Y/N whispered to Taehyung during one of the conversations.

He nodded. "Take your time. I'll come find you in a bit."

Y/N smiled gratefully and slipped away, making her way to the restroom. She needed a break from the formalities, from the pressure of standing by his side and pretending she wasn't just a young woman thrust into this complicated world.

After washing her hands and touching up her lipstick, she took a deep breath and prepared to head back into the ballroom. But as she stepped into the hallway, she froze.

Jungkook was standing there.

Her stomach twisted at the sight of him. Jungkook, the man who had once been her closest friend-who had even proposed to her before she left for India-but had shattered her trust when she found out about his affair.

"Y/N," he said softly, a hint of desperation in his voice.

She stiffened, trying to walk past him. "Jungkook, I'm not interested in talking to you."

But he moved to block her path. "Please, just hear me out."

Y/N glared up at him. "I don't owe you anything."

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, clearly frustrated. "I made a mistake, Y/N. I know I did, and I regret it every day. I was stupid, and I lost you. But I'm here now, asking for a second chance."

Y/N scoffed, crossing her arms. "A second chance? You didn't just hurt me, Jungkook. You lied to me, you cheated, and you made me feel like I wasn't enough. Why would I ever give you another chance after that?"

He stepped closer, his voice lowering as if trying to appeal to her emotions. "Because we had something real. You can't deny that. And I've changed, Y/N. I want to make it right."

She shook her head, feeling the anger boil inside her. "It's too late for that. I've moved on."

Jungkook's expression darkened, his charm slipping away to reveal something more sinister. "You're with Taehyung now, aren't you? Is that why? Because he's richer, more powerful? Do you really think he cares about you?"

Y/N felt her chest tighten. "That's none of your business."

He grabbed her wrist, his grip firm and startling. "Y/N, don't do this. Don't act like you're happy with him. Come back to me. We can make this right."

Panic rose in her chest as she tried to pull away, but his hold only tightened. "Let go of me, Jungkook!"

The restroom door burst open, and Taehyung stormed in, his dark eyes blazing. "Get your hands off her."

Jungkook sneered but didn't release Y/N right away. Taehyung's fists clenched at his sides, his jaw tight with fury. "I said, let her go. Now."

Jungkook gave a mocking chuckle, but as he saw the dangerous glint in Taehyung's eyes, he released Y/N with a jerk. "What's the matter, Tae? Afraid I'll take her away from you?"

Before Jungkook could say another word, Taehyung shoved him hard, making him stumble backward. "Stay the hell away from her."

Jungkook, infuriated, lunged at Taehyung, and the two men collided in a furious fight. They grappled, fists flying, the sound of blows echoing in the small restroom. Y/N gasped, helpless as she watched them exchange punches, panic gripping her.

Taehyung managed to get the upper hand, pinning Jungkook against the wall. "If you ever touch her again, I swear-" Taehyung's voice was cold and low, vibrating with rage.

Before the fight could escalate further, Jungkook's father burst into the room, dragging his son away. "Enough!" the older man barked, casting an embarrassed glance at Taehyung and Y/N. "Jungkook, outside. Now."

Jungkook wiped the blood from his mouth, casting one last venomous glance at Taehyung. "This isn't over," he muttered under his breath before stalking out with his father in tow.

The moment they were alone, Y/N rushed to Taehyung. "Taehyung, you're hurt!" she exclaimed, panic flooding her voice as she took in the bruises on his knuckles and the cut on his lip. "Sit down. Let me help you."

But Taehyung grabbed her hands, his eyes scanning her anxiously. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

Y/N felt her heart clench at his concern, and she shook her head quickly. "I'm fine, Taehyung. I'm okay."

He cupped her face gently, tilting her head to look into her eyes. "You're sure? You're not hiding anything from me?" His voice was low, filled with worry and a protectiveness that made her chest ache.

"I promise," Y/N whispered, tears threatening to fall. "I was just scared... but I'm okay now."

Taehyung's thumb brushed her cheek, his gaze softening for a moment before the tension in his shoulders returned. "Good," he murmured, "but I need to get you out of here."

He took her hand and led her swiftly out of the restroom, away from the crowd, his body shielding hers as if ensuring nothing and no one could reach her again. They made it to the car, and once inside, Y/N turned to him, her worry for him flaring back to life.

"Now, let me see that lip," she insisted, pulling out a small first aid kit from the glove compartment. She dabbed a tissue on his cut, but Taehyung winced and took her hand gently, stopping her.

"Later," he said quietly, his gaze fixed on hers. "I just need to know you're okay first."

Y/N's heart swelled at his words, and she bit her lip to keep from crying. "I'm okay, Taehyung," she whispered. "Thanks to you."

Taehyung exhaled slowly, his hand still wrapped around hers. "I don't care what happens, Y/N. No one is going to hurt you again. Not Jungkook. Not anyone."

In that moment, sitting in the dim light of the car, surrounded by the quiet hum of the city, Y/N realized that Taehyung wasn't just her husband in name anymore. He had become her protector, her constant, and the person she wanted by her side-contract or not.

She leaned closer, pressing a soft kiss to his bruised knuckles. "Thank you," she whispered against his skin, her voice filled with gratitude and something deeper that she didn't dare name just yet.

Taehyung's hand tightened slightly around hers, his expression unreadable but warm, as if he felt the same. "Always."

And in that quiet, fleeting moment, everything felt a little more real.

.・。.・゜✭・

To be continued...