Intro

Behind every sweet smile, there is a sadness no one can see or feel.”
Tupac Shakur

“He makes me laugh, I don’t understand why you don’t approve!” I had raised my tone from just before. “Casie, you know about his father and I.” My mother said, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. “You’re the worst! You can’t even give up anything for your child!” I turned around and began to start off in my room. “Casie, wait.” My mother said in a low tone, like she didn’t really want me to hear her. What? I turned around sassily. “You know I can’t give this up that easily.” I didn’t say anything, I just turned around. I didn’t know why she couldn’t give this up, maybe I didn’t understand because I was just a child like she’d said many times before. I grabbed my pajamas and began putting them on. Ugh, we need to go to the laundromat. I thought, as I saw the ketchup stain from a few days ago, but these were the only pajamas I had. I pulled my covers back and sat on my creaky bed. I grabbed my favorite book and began reading it. Soon enough my eyes began to feel heavy. I put my bookmark in and closed my book, I adjusted the covers and closed my eyes. When I woke up in the morning I could hear arguing, I was used to it. It didn’t make me scared anymore, I used it as background noise. I knew that they would calm down soon. It was Monday, my favorite day of the week. It was my favorite day of the week because I got to go to school. I didn't have to be at home for the day. I hated to be home, there was either constant arguing, my mother making out with some random guy that she’d just met the night before and decided to keep him longer. Trust me I know from experience. Not that I was the most popular girl in school, in fact it was quite the opposite. I was lonely most of the time. I only talked to few people, because my head was always stuck in a book. I wasn’t weird, I just kept to myself and I was okay with that. I put on my coat, and slipped my nicest shoes on. I tried to keep my composure as I walked out the door. “I’m leaving mom!” She didn’t even hear me, as she was still arguing with the same person as before. I grabbed my book bag and headed out the door. I walked to my bus stop, and waited. I pulled out the book I always had in my bag. Soon enough I heard the bus roar down the road. I quickly stuffed my book back into my bag and stood up. The bus slowly stopped in front of me and I climbed on. I sat in the 3rd seat on the right as I always did. Again, I pulled out my book and began reading again. I didn’t really like reading on the bus because it was so shaky, my book vibrating and almost falling out of my hand was NOT my cup of tea. I tried to focus on the words but I lost my sentences and I had to read the same paragraph three times and that really annoyed me. Needless to say, I put my book down, and began to stare out the window. In the distance I could see my school ahead, I sighed. I wanted to go to school but at the same time I didn’t. I had pretty okay grades, mostly B’s and a few A’s. My mom says that she’s proud of me but I’d just wish that she would show it. I feel like bringing men home, and then arguing with them is not the way to show your child that you are proud of them. The bus slowly stopped in front of my school. I grabbed my backpack and slowly stood up, careful not to hit the person next to me, who had also stood up. After most of the people left and I could get by, I slid out of my seat and walked down the aisle. I got off the bus and began to walk on to school grounds.