ONE

❝with a taste of your lips❞

As soon as Niall confirmed his decision of taking a gap year after high school, his dad was already offering to take him to work. Being a single father for the young boy, Bobby Horan was always cautious when it comes to leaving his son alone even if it's only for a couple of weeks – he doesn't even trust nannies. Thankfully, Niall agreed without hesitation making his father unable to restrain the relieved sigh from leaving his lips before sending the boy to pack his things.

And here they were, backstage at a 5 Seconds Of Summer gig. Excitement was radiating from the happy blonde as he lightly jogged to keep up with his father's long strides, slightly saddened by the fact that he was not able to take a closer look at what the people surrounding him were busy with but at the same time not wanting to get lost and worry his dad even more.

("You need to wear the appropriate clothing because it gets really hot down there and I don't want you getting a heat stroke while I'm off doing my duties and while we're at that topic, I expect you to try your best to stick with me unless I have something really important to take care of but don't panic, I'll probably assign someone to take care of you. And if – " Niall pressed his finger to his father's lips, giggling slightly, "Dad, stop being a worry-wart. I'll be perfectly fine." Instead of relaxing like his son initially thought was going to happen, Bobby shook his head before going into an hour long speech on Niall's safety.)

"Niall! Niall!" The familiar deep voice startled him from his short daydream, Niall almost tripping over his two left feet while running towards his dad who was waving frantically at him as he stood at the end of the hallway. When he reached his dad, the big snapback on top of his head had fallen to block his vision and he pouted, letting out a groan just to notify Bobby how frustrated he was with the hat before arranging it for the umpteenth time. "Do I really need to wear this? It's so big and it keeps falling off."

"Now son, the Sun is out and shining – " Bobby's walkie-talkie buzzed so he raised a finger to signify that this conversation wasn't over before turning around to answer whoever was on the device. Niall heard some rather frantic crackles coming from the other side before deeming it boring, instantly blocking it out and watched the crew running around to do some last minute changes for the concert.

Meanwhile, Bobby was conflicted as his thumb left the big button on the walkie-talkie. He really needed to do his job as security found some freak that brought some deadly weapons to the show, his intentions still unknown but as most of the guards were occupied with their own tasks, Niall won't have someone to look after him and he sure as heck wasn't going to risk his son's life by bringing him alone to check the armed guy. His thoughts all flew out of the window though when a hand slapped onto his back.

"Bobby!" Luke Hemmings greeted the troubled looking man, the expression also moving to his own face after taking a good look at the usually bubbly lad. "Is there something wrong?" He questioned before noticing the figure that slowly stepped behind Bobby and effectively hid itself from Luke's vision but small pale fists resurfaced once again as they tightly grasped onto the man's t-shirt. "And who's this little guy?"

Chucking fondly, Bobby stepped out of the way despite his son's whines hence revealing Niall who was red as a tomato with his eyes directed to the floor instead of to the pop sensation in front of him. "This is Niall Horan, my son," the father proudly introduces his shy boy and a smirk appeared on Luke's face when he realised that the smaller boy was still intent on not making eye contact with him. "Well hello there! I'm Luke," he offered a hand out for Niall to shake and it took a moment before the boy was slowly rising his small hand before clasping them together.

The walkie-talkie in Bobby's pocket buzzes again and he only realised he asked the favour of keeping an eye on his son from Luke until the young adult was nodding enthusiastically, happily waving him off with his hand still holding onto Niall's. Taking a last look at the pair, Bobby ran to the incident at the other side of the building leaving Niall alone with Luke, their hands still clasped together and it seemed as if the latter wasn't going to let it go any sooner.

"Hey loosen up a bit. The show starts in 40 minutes, so what do you want to do to past the time?" Luke inquired before letting go of the boy's pale hand yet quickly wraps an arm around his petite waist and started to walk with him. When the tall boy released Niall's hand, he immediately felt more comfortable around him so he hummed in response to Luke's question before, "Do you have any other snapbacks? My dad wants me to wear one but the one I'm wearing doesn't really fit well with my head."

Laughing loudly at the cute answer, Luke nodded and dragged the pliable teenager to the direction of their dressing room and that's basically how their little fling started.

what a great day to post a nuke ficlet on luke's birthday, am i right?

i'm not really a fan of 5sos but one time i read bradfordbuttfuck's (tumblr) he looks so perfect and nuke is actually really cute so toxic was born

this is just gonna be a short fanfic with miniscule drama put in there so i hope you guys enjoy!

will be updated whenever i feel like it and by the way, niall's gonna be the same age as luke in here aka 19 years old just because

(⌒▽⌒)♡ cass