20 : A last confession

𝜗𝜚⋆₊˚HAMDAN'S POV :

𝜗𝜚⋆˚HAMDAN'S POV :

"Uncle, did you bring me a fairy from New York?" Ashan ran towards me while giggling.

"You have to find your own fairy, Ashan, and for that, you've got to first grow up," I replied while fist-bumping Arsalaan.

"How have you been, motherfucker?" Arsalaan asked as I sat down on one of the couches.

"You're such a bad dad! You shouldn't be cursing in front of your children," I sighed in disbelief.

"When did I curse? I just called you by your second name," Arsalaan smiled.

"How about I break your face?" I smiled back.

"For that, you've got to take permission from Mina! she wouldn't like someone messing up her husband's handsome features," he replied while rubbing his nape.

"You're so full of yourself, Arsal," Minahil entered with a tray of coffee and cookies.

"How are you, Arsal's passenger princess? Didn't you find yours own passenger princess yet?" she teased, making me chuckle.

"Hey! Don't call me that, ewwww!" I said, and Arsal and Mina laughed in sync.

Minahil never really had friends, but since I'm Arsal's friend, I'm hers too. She's the sweetest sister-like friend one could have.

"Any plans for marriage, Hamdan? You're going to turn 31 soon!" she asked with a sweet smile.

"Mommy, Hamdan uncle will marry his fairy, yayyy fairy!" Ashan giggled, making my and Arsalaan's jaws drop.

"Ashan, go babysit your little sister. You don't have to talk in between the elders, that's bad manners, right?" Minahil said, making Ashan pout.

"Okay, Mommy," he replies cutely before walking towards me, asking to give him my ear as I lean towards him.

"I'll keep your secret, okay? But next time, bring me a fairy too," he whispered into my ear before running away.

This rascal, I tell you.

"I like this particular girl, but she doesn't like me back even with all the efforts. She actually likes someone else, but he is dead. I've tried a lot to make her mine and win her over, but it's not working. I have no idea what to do next," I explained everything about me and Rania to Minahil since Arsalaan already knows.

"Look, Hamdan, love shouldn't be forced! If she doesn't like you, just let her go. Love just happens, it doesn't matter how much effort the other person is putting in. You can bring the whole world to her feet, and she would still reject you because she feels nothing for you. Whereas if she likes you back, she would be with you without you making any effort. Love just happens, and we can't control who we fall for," she concluded.

Every word of hers started making sense to me.

Love just happens, and we can't control who we fall for. Rania once told me the same thing, but I never pondered upon it. Now that I do, it makes sense.