Part-1

Haseena POV:-

I slid the card key through the lock and pushed the door open. Behind me I could hear karishma huffing as she lugged the two rolling suitcases full of merch into the room.Moving to the side, I let her go through the door first with all her rolling luggage and ask her"Do you want me to help you with that?"

She shook her head and flashed me a smile that sent a wave of warmth across my face and heart, "No, I'm a strong, independent woman and can carry my own luggage."

I arched an eyebrow at her. "Are you implying I am neither of those things?"

The light tinge of pink on her pale cheeks shifted the tone of her face from gorgeous to adorable."That's not what I'm saying, Miss.Malik" Pushing the door open further, I moved to the side. "I really wish you'd left that all in the car," I told her as she walked past me.

"No, can do!" she said. "The last thing we need is for someone to break into the car and take it all."
I stepped inside and closed the door. "I don't think anyone is going to take a box of bookmarks or postcards.

"You really haven't been paying attention to our fans, aww man!"
she let out a frustration tone at the end
"What's up?" I stepped inside, noticing the complimentary water over the mini bar and simple working desk with an outlet as I passed them. "You forgot something?"I asked her

"No, there's only one bed. I could have sworn I asked for two." she frowned , I adjusted the strap of my backpack and walked past the bathroom and into the modest living space. Sure enough, there was only one bed in the room next to the window. Across from it, the wide window showed a "great" view of the tall banking headquarters and then the vast cityscape behind it.

Karishma sighed. "At least it's a big bed."

I looked back to the wide bed and then at karishma in her short sundress, sandals, and long flowing hair cascading over the shoulder.
Even though she walked around in a potato sack, she still looked gorgeous. Just forming words near her was hard for me. The thought of sliding into the bed next to her made my fingers twitch and heat rose throughout my body, I shrugged off the thoughts,then asked her"Maybe we can ask for a change?"

She shook her head and turned her glance at me. "Nope. It's all booked because of the convention. I had to book this room six months in advance."

Six months? Dammit, there was no getting another room or probably any room close to the convention. My brain calculated the possible cost along with the extra fees of the rental car since we would have blown the millage. Nope. Staying here was really the only option.

Maybe I could just not sleep for three days.My phone buzzed and I looked at it, feeling my stomach sink at the name flashing on the screen.

Walking towards the door, I muttered "I need to take this" before stepping outside. With the door closed, I hit the answer button and put it to my ear. "Hey, sis."

My sister's voice sounded rigorous "Hasse, I have been trying to call you all morning."

"I was on a plane and just got to a hotel."

"A hotel? Why are you at a hotel? Where are you?"

"I'm at a convention for online comic artists. They sponsored my visit."

"You are still doing that silly drawing thing?"

My back tensed. My "silly drawing thing" had a massive following which was the only reason Karishma and I had even been invited to the convention in the first place. It paid my bills and put food on my table. Hell, I hadn't been able to move out of my parents'house without it the year before. I even could afford a car payment. A used car, but still a car. Hearing it referred to as "silly drawing thing" couldn't have been more insulting from anyone especially from my sister.