elle | phoning it in

➳༻❀ October 2024 ❀༺➳

"Hi, I'm Luna Jackson, and today I am going to be prank-calling my friends, family, and team." Luna introduced, looking very nervous about the idea. "This is Phoning It In with Elle."

"I'm such a bad liar," she admitted. "My friend Ariana just did this a few weeks ago, and she definitely gave me a heart attack, but I just know that no one is going to believe me. "

Luna began flipping through the notebook of challenges that she was given and picked her first one. "Say the location of a music video you're shooting fell through and ask if you can shoot at their house tomorrow."

"Who should I call?" Luna questioned. "I'll call Margot. I feel so bad because I know she'll say yes."

Luna dialed Margot's number, shaking a little as she looks at the camera nervously. "Hello?" she heard.

"Hey, it's Luna," she said, biting her lip to stop her laugh.

"Oh, hey!" the blonde greeted back. "You know what's so crazy? I just had my phone on airplane mode, I don't know how this call came through."

Luna's mouth dropped open in shock, "Are you dead serious?"

"Yeah!"

"Are you on a plane right now?" Luna asked.

"No, I was just on set," Margot explained. "You got a magic phone line that supersedes airplane mode. I love it. How are you, my love?"

Luna unmuted herself, giggling, "I'm really good. I actually have a bit of a crazy question for you."

"Tell me," Margot said before cutting herself off. "Oh, by the way, you are literally phenomenal. We've been listening to your album nonstop, and I've seen the new Scream movie at least 3 times since it came out."

Luna blushed, "Stop, oh my god I love you guys."

"Your talent is unreal," Margot backtracked, "Okay, sorry, what was your question?"

"Okay, it's really weird," Luna warned. "so, I'm supposed to shoot a music video tomorrow, but the location fell through, and I was wondering if we could shoot it at your house." The teen immediately doubled over, holding the phone away as she slaps a hand over her mouth.

Margot exhaled thoughtfully, "Ordinarily I would say fuck yeah, but we are packing up our house tomorrow."

A producer gestured for Luna to push further, "Do you know anyone else who could give us their house?"

"Let me think," Margot paused, contemplating. "What kinda vibe are you after?"

"We're looking at close to two hundred extras," Luna said, muting herself so that she could giggle. "I know, kind of a lot. But it'll be a lot of people."

"So you need space."

Luna nodded even though Margot can't see her, "A lot of space, yeah."

"Space inside or space outside?" Margot clarified.

"Probably both, I'd say." Luna bite her lip nervously.

"Yeah, yeah." Margot continued. "Okay. Let me think, let me think, let me think."

Feeling guilty for stressing out her friend, Luna decided to end the prank. "Margot, Margot, Margot, I'm kidding. I'm on set they're forcing me to prank you. I'm so sorry."

"Oh my god!" Margot exclaimed. "No, I was racking my brain. I was like, fuck, I don't know if my friends have big enough houses for this."

"I love you for going along with it, but I thought you'd know immediately," Luna admitted.