|| Prologue ||

August 20th 1971.

 Xoey Juniper knew she was different.

When she wanted a snack on a high shelf she couldn't quite reach, it would float down into her hands. If someone teased her on the playground, they would be pushed over by an invisible force. It scared her sometimes, knowing she had abilities that her peers didn't. She never liked not fitting in and being 'weird'. All she had ever wanted was to fit in with the crowd.

Her Mother was concerned and she had noticed Xoey's peculiarities from a young age. She was growing more and more desperate for an explanation. That was until on Xoey's eleventh birthday when she got a mysterious letter in the mail. Xoey had never gotten mail before and she was thrilled! Is it from my classmates, wishing me a happy birthday?  She thought hopefully.

Young Xoey handed her Mother the letter since she had only saw her Mother open the mail, making Xoey's young brain come to the conclusion no one could open mail besides her Mum. "Mummy! I got a letter in the mail! Tell me what it says!" She squealed happily, excited to see the kind words her usually unkind classmates had written for her on her special day.

Marinette Juniper was a kind, loving Mother to Xoey. She had long blonde hair, brown eyes and wrinkles, showing how much she smiled which was almost always. Marinette took the letter from her young daughters hand, giggling at Xoey's excitement. Marinette squeezed her daughters cheek before walking to the office to grab the letter opener. she turned the letter over and read the words-

𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓾𝔁𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓐𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓶𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬~

Marinette thought this school sounded familiar but she couldn't remember where she had heard it before. She frowned quizzically before opening the envelope and reading the smudged letters on the faded parchment.

𝓓𝓮𝓪𝓻 𝓶𝓲𝓼𝓼 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓹𝓮𝓻, 

𝓘'𝓶 𝓹𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓲𝓷𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓶 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓸𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓪𝓬𝓬𝓮𝓹𝓽𝓪𝓷𝓬𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓾𝔁𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓐𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓶𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓜𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬; 

 "𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬 𝓶𝓮𝓮𝓽𝓼 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓷𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓮". 

𝓐𝓽 𝓑𝓮𝓪𝓾𝔁𝓫𝓪𝓽𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓐𝓬𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓶𝔂, 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓪𝓷 𝓾𝓷𝓲𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓫𝓵𝓮 𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝓽𝓸 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓫𝓸𝓾𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓲𝓻 𝓰𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓼. 𝓐𝓼 𝔀𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓪𝓼 𝓲𝓶𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓶𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓬, 𝔀𝓮 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓷 𝓮𝓽𝓲𝓺𝓾𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮, 𝓹𝓸𝓲𝓼𝓮 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮. 𝓛𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝓷𝓬𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓭 𝓪 𝓵𝓲𝓼𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓼𝓾𝓹𝓹𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓮𝓺𝓾𝓲𝓹𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓷𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭. 

 𝓐𝓾 𝓡𝓮𝓿𝓸𝓲𝓻,  𝓜𝓪𝓭𝓪𝓶 𝓡𝓸𝓬𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓮.

It was at that moment that she remembered where she had heard that name. Marinette almost collapsed right there in her office. Beauxbatons? Xoey's Grandmother, Marinette's Mother, was always telling people she was a witch in her final days, claiming she went to Beauxbatons academy and learnt spells but everyone just assumed it was dementia because of her advanced age. 

Was this a sick prank? Or was Xoey's Grandmother not so crazy after all..?