The morning day 2

"Waliiiiiii, wali wali wali wall eee!"

"yaaaaaaa, Lala," I answered, my mind snapping back from the hazy dreamscape I had drifted through last night. Lala's voice was bright, a melody of its own, cheerful as always. She stood before me, her short, neck-length hair bouncing lightly with every small movement she made. There was always something about her that felt like a burst of sunshine on a cloudy day.

Lalita aksaradurga or lala, She had a playful way of dressing, always choosing clothes that somehow seemed effortless yet perfectly suited her vibrant personality. The word that kept coming to my mind was "cute". It wasn't just the clothes, though. It was the way she carried herself, with a carefree confidence, her laughter always echoing in the air around us.

Lala had a deep passion for art, Whether it was music or drawing, she immersed herself completely in whatever she was creating

Lala had a deep passion for art, Whether it was music or drawing, she immersed herself completely in whatever she was creating. Her hands were always busy, either strumming a guitar, sketching in her notebook or taking a picture with here disposable camera, lost in her own world of colors and sounds. Her eyes sparkling with excitement as her ideas took shape. It was as if the art she made was an extension of her own vibrant spirit.

Every time we hung out, she added a little color to my world, like a painter brushing fresh strokes onto an empty canvas. And I, content in her company, couldn't help but smile as she filled the space between us with her warmth.

Today we visited a toy store, and as usual, she couldn't resist capturing photos of all the objects that caught her eye. The transparent shelves, lined with a colorful array of Funko Pop figures, seemed to mesmerize her. Each one had its own unique charm, and she meticulously snapped pictures of every character she liked. Above us, model airplanes hung from the ceiling, swaying slightly, and she made sure to capture them too. The store was filled with vibrant figurines and collectibles, each one a small piece of nostalgia or wonder.

"Ah,  you two again! What can i help you today?" an oldman with white hair asked with a knowing smile. It seemed like he knew us really well, as we were probably the only loyal visitors of this small toy store. Half of it was filled with antiques and old toys—nothing grand, but it held a certain charm.

"A set of LEGO Harry Potter, please" I said, glancing over at Lala, who was busy recording everything.

"And what would the lovely lady like?" he asked, turning to Lala.

"I want the dove there," she pointed to a small dove toy hanging on the Christmas tree.

The oldman carefully took out two pairs and gestured for us to come closer. "I'll give you two pairs," he said with a wink, "because doves represent togetherness, and you two look great together."

Lala and I exchanged confused looks, then I quickly added, "We're just friends."

"Exactly," Lala chimed in from beside me with smile.

The oldman  chuckled softly, "Who knows?"

We shared a laugh, and as I reached into my pocket to pay for everything we had picked out, the old man, with a kind smile, handed over the pigeons without asking for a dime.

"Seeing you two takes me back to when I was young," he said, a hint of nostalgia in his voice, before turning away to help other customers.

We made our way to our usual spot, the place where we always felt at home, where the world seemed to slow down just enough for us to enjoy each other's company.

"Are you happy?" she asked, glancing at me with that playful curiosity of hers. "You look a little off. Why do you get so quiet when I don't ask you anything? Don't tell me you're dreaming of zombies again... Raaaarggghh!" she growled, doing her best zombie impression, arms flailing and all, stumbling toward me like she was about to eat my brains.

I laughed and shook my head. "Stop it! You're going to eat me alive at this rate! I'm fine, really... It's just... weird."

Without warning, she darted ahead, planting herself in the middle of the path, arms spread wide like a playful roadblock. Her face lit up in the most dramatic anime expression, a mischievous smile tugging at her lips. "Wali wali wali wali waliiiiiii!"

"Lalitaaaa, seriously? Why? I'm fine," I said, trying to dodge her, but she wouldn't budge.

She stepped closer, eyes narrowing with a fake suspicion, leaning in as if to sniff me. Her nose brushed the sleeve of my Yankees varsity jacket. The headphones around her neck bounced slightly as she moved closer, the fabric of my jacket brushing against them with a soft sound

"I smell something... a lie!" she declared, poking my chest. "Come on, spill it already! You're not getting away from me this time!" 

I laughed and took out two tickets for the cinema.