Rockabye.

Notes- This story in general will cover themes of death and darker themes, but nothing graphic. I hope you enjoy cuz I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing

''Rockabye baby on the tree top...'' Sorscha was outside in the nursery garden, softly singing to Quinn to try and get her to sleep. So far she had been rocking the pram for over half an hour, but the young child was stubborn in her attempts to stay awake.

''Come on Quinny! mammy's tired.'' Sorscha groaned softly ''You sleep for your other mam.'' The realistic part of her mind knew that Quinn was not old enough to properly formulate thoughts, let alone prefer one parent to the other. However, in her sleep deprived mind she had decided that this was clear favouritism.

''You win, I'm calling Clode.'' Sorscha rolled her eyes before walking slightly away from the pram and picking up her phone. The conversation was mundane, Sorscha complaining while Clodagh amusingly reminded her that Quinn was, in fact, just a baby.

During this time though, someone had climbed on the roof, watching her from above. The unknown being had perched themselves on the edge, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

''Yes babe, i'll call you when she gets to sleep. Hey what do you mean IF-'' Sorscha shouted down the phone in mock offence. The playful banter between spouses carried on for a while before they each said their goodbyes. The brunette put her phone back in her pocket, but before she could make her way back to the pram a large brick came down from above, hitting her right in the temple.

Sorscha hit the ground with a thud, laying there unmoving. Due to the size of the brick and the height it was thrown from, she would have been dead on impact.

The sound of the heavy object hitting her must have been loud enough to hear from inside, as all the staff ran outside to check on the mysterious noise. Amongst that group with the perpetrator, who had quickly made their way back inside before anyone noticed they were missing.

Charlotte quickly knelt down to check for a pulse, but there was nothing. She was dead. If the sight of their beloved staff member, friend and someone they considered family wasn't horrific enough, the soft cries of Quinn could be heard from the pram. The baby was startled by the noise aswell and just wanted to be comforted by her mother.

''The brick must have come loose from the rooftop. Oh god how do we tell Clodagh.'' Marjorie sniffled, her head in her hands. Reece quickly scooped her up into a tight embrace, with gentle shushes and the occasional ''it'll be okay.''

Mia, who had come back from her travels to see Charlotte, turned to the regular staff. Her usually snarky demeanour was replaced with a serious, sympathetic look. ''I didn't know her well, but I know you were all close with her. I'm sorry for your loss.'' She then turned to wrap her arms around her sobbing girlfriend, the redhead's fingers gently caressing her hair. ''I've got you sweetheart''

''Let's all make our way back inside. We don't need to look at this anymore.'' Siobhan stated, her voice firm but shaky. Everyone knew the blonde didn't mean what she said in an inconsiderate way, and they agreed, the sight of their dead friend was starting to make them feel sick.

Autumn walked up to grab Quinn's pram, and when she saw large chestnut eyes innocently stare up at her, the normally stoic woman became overwhelmed with emotions let out a choked sob. This poor baby doesn't know that she was there as her mother took her last breath.

As they walked inside, everyone was trying to make sense of the fatal event. Most had come to the conclusion that this was merely a fatal accident, others just wished to get the image of Sorscha's bloody appearance out of their mind.

Marjorie mustered up as much courage as she could before calling an ambulance to take the body away, and then placed herself back firmly into Reece's arms. Winter and autumn were away from everybody else, finding comfort in eachothers embrace, the brunette was slowly moving the pram back and forth as a way to sooth the young baby.

Carly was distraught, looking on the verge of a panic attack. Eric hadn't got the chance to know Sorscha properly, but he had also never seen a dead body before and the sight alone was slightly nauseating. Mia and Charlotte were still wrapped together, with Charlotte occasionally giving a sad, muffled ''she was my best friend.''

Siobhan, being the only person who was there alone, decided she needed to keep busy, so took it upon herself to tell Clodagh. The group was sceptical at first, knowing the blonde's tendency to be blunt, but no one else could bare to have that dreaded talk. She gently grabbed the pram from Autumn before setting it in her back car seat, and a fresh wave of emotion washed over them all. The Doyle's are going to be broken over this.

A short while later, the ambulance arrived and Sorscha's body was taken away for examination. Everyone decided it was best for them to go home and really come to terms with the sudden death. They each went their separate ways, to cry and reminisce over memories they had with the young Irish woman.

Apart from one person. Who was already planning death 2.

Rockabye baby on the tree top
When the wind blows the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks the cradle will fall
And down will come baby cradle and all.