Chapter 4

4. Mission Fuel Up

Zayn pressed his lips to mine and my heart seemed to stop. I kissed back, feeling shock waves pulse through my body. The kiss broke a little too soon for my liking and Zayn just smiled at me. He opened his mouth to say something but the bus stopped.

"We'll talk later" he whisper and we went back to the front of the bus.

"Good your awake." Harry said to me handing me a gun

He thought I was asleep? God he's stupid sometimes.

"What are we doing?" I said looking to the boys

"There's a gas station up ahead, we have fuel but were running low so were gonna go check it out." Niall answered

This was important, we could not lose this bus.. If we did we'd be forced to set up a permanent camp site which was not good because then, we'd be sitting ducks.

"Niall, Harmony, Louis you guys are with me. Liam and Zayn stay here and keep look out. If you here more then five shots all at once pull up, if you get in trouble honk twice."

After Harry gave the orders we headed out. It was about a quarter of a mile down the road. Everyone was quiet so I decided to lighten the mood a little.

"Niall, from now on everything is your fault." I stated

"Why me?!" He said in mock horror

"I don't know, you always mess things up. Remember when you ate half of mine and Harry's birthday cake before we even blew out the candles?"

"Yeah.." he mumbled.

"Well I'm still mad, so now everything is your fault." I said with a smile

"Zombie apacolypes?" Louis questioned

"Niall's fault." I answered

"Low on gas?" Harry asked

"Niall's fault!"

"No more fucking cookies." I said

"Okay, okay I'll own up to that one." Niall said

We all laughed and stopped walking. We had reached the gas station.

"Okay, there's going to be switches that let the pumps work inside the station. I want Harmony and Louis to go switch those on then grab any supplies that would be useful."

Louis and I did what we were told. We scanned the station first then flipped the switch. The gas thing worked, Harry and Niall began to fill buckets with gas. Louis grabbed a box and began throwing food and other items that would be of use to us and I did the same.

I went behind the register looking to anything of value. There was money still in the register but that was nothing now, money didn't matter in this world. I saw cigarettes still in the glass cases behind the counter. I grabbed a few packs and put them into the box.

"Suddenly addicted to nicotine Har?" Louis said with a smirk

"They're for Zayn." I mumbled

"Is there something going on between you guys?"

I shook my head, "No, I mean he did save me yesterday when we went to get water. I fell and he helped me up when the geeks were chasing us."

Louis nodded then suddenly we heard a door close. We saw nothing. I put down the box and quickly got out my gun. We looked at the only door I the place which was in the back and slowly went towards it. We found two crawlers coming towards us.

I laughed, "Shoot them or..?"

Louis shook his head and grabbed a knife from his back pocket and stabbed them each in the head.

We walked out to Niall and Harry who were done filling the buckets.

"Are we good?" Harry said

I nodded, "Yup!" I said popping my lips on the 'p'.

We stood in the center of the road as waved for Liam to drive towards us.

..

"Whatcha got?" Zayn said looking at te boxes Louis and I held.

I threw him the packs of cigarettes and a few lighters.

"I fucking love you!" He said hugging me tight

"It's a thank you for saving me yesterday." I smiled

He smiled back putting a cigarette in his mouth.

"I'll save you any day Harmony."