1/2

[Kouen x Reader] [One-sided!Reader x Alibaba] Spoilers form the manga!

~~*~~

Your life has been constant cycle of fortune and misfortune.

One day you woke up in the alley. You had with nothing with you but a torn dress and a silver headpiece. Pair of merchants found you straying on the streets. They raised you, and for five years they have been your only family. Unfortunately the thieves attacked their caravan and stole most of the goods. They settled on a farm and stayed there.

You were quite restless soul back then. You decided to start your own business. After lots of struggles, your company (consisting you and... you) was selling bracelets and ornaments. But lady luck turned her back at you and you lost your fortune again because of the thieves. You'd became beggar if not for Alibaba. He, even being younger by two years, was doing good job as a cart driver.

("Whoa! You did finalized this contract, _____! That guy was an ass."

"Fufu~. Of course, one must know how to talk to different kinds of people.")

It was a beginning of your friendship. And then... perhaps something more. You were quite conflicted between being big sister or lover. Well, age gap wasn't too big anyway. But that love for former prince didn't make you happy at all. In fact it was slowly destroying your sense of independence. You've only noticed this when Aladdin showed up. You were lost. Stay in Sindaria opened your eyes. You and Alibaba were different, too different in some matters. He didn't agree with your outlook. The compromise was impossible.

For king Sinbad you were still a child, a little lost girl, useless girl. You weren't strong Fanalis like Morgiana, or unexpected forth magi like Aladdin, nor Dangeon Conqeror like Alibaba. You iternally refused to sit and do nothing. Even when Sinbad found tutor for everyone except you, since your 'only' talent was to run a business, you found one of your own. The lancer prince became your teacher for a while (not exactly willingly, but what is blackmail for?) and taught you basics of wielding lance and staff.

Soon you were sure that your feelings for Alibaba weren't reporciated. He decided to go to Reim Empire and you stated that you won't follow him. Your own journey began. You certainly didn't expect a Dangeon on a way. You couldn't complain, though. Gaining a djinn took you three months - to be precise only five days. Innana, had a great library and you couldn't help but try to read as much as you could. Besides Lady Djinn was warrior – you begged her for training. In the outside world only two days passed.

And then, you met him.

It wasn't exactly the most impressive first meeting. You - laying on the muddy road, because Innana had that kind of sense of humor; and him - covered in blood from the battle, tired and sleepy. After years you laugh loudly at this memory. Your first meeting of Kou Empire first prince, Ren Kouen.

Of course, he noticed lack of Dangeon, that roughly three days ago stood in all its glory. You've became his guest.

("Where your loyalty lays?"
.
.
.
"To myself.")