001

February 4th, 2024

Going back to America was the last thing Elara wanted to be doing.

As soon as she made her departure from Taylor's that December day, she made a solemn vow to herself. She never wanted to return to the place that was both a sanctuary and a prison for her heart. Every memory would be left behind, shoved in a drawer, or forgotten. Elara had walked away ready to embrace a new beginning a forge a path for herself outside of music.

So attending the GRAMMYs was not what she had planned. A fight with Jennie about whether or not she would go back resulted in her being forced to return with a heavy heart.

She almost wished her album was less successful. The deal was, when she had no more promoting to do for 'Sorry?', she'd be done. Done with music, done with fame, done with paparazzi, and most importantly, done with her past.

If she had got her way, she'd be sitting in her bed, eating popcorn out of the bag and watching some cheesy romcom movie. Given that she had sworn off falling in love, the second best was watching other people become enamored.

But nonetheless, Elara wasn't going to be doing that. Instead, she was standing in front of her mirror in a dress she wanted to cut into a million pieces and instead put pajamas on.

On her figure was a satin black dress flowing over her legs in an elegant design. The fitted bodice was too tight, and her breasts were almost poking out. Although, according to Lucy, was a good thing. The four inch stiletto heels she paired them with were the only thing about her outfit she felt comfortable about, because it made her taller.

The black car pulled in, Elara groaning as she saw her new bodyguard Nicholas. Paul had to resign due to not being able to be in France daily. Nicholas was a pain in her ass, and wouldn't leave her alone, but he would be only temporary. Soon enough, the whole world would forget her and she'd live in peace.

The tall man arrived at her door to take her to the car, not even having the chance to knock before Elara sent the door flying open.

"Good evening, miss Fleur. Are you ready?" Nicholas asked, his voice gruff and tense. Elara just shot him a small nod, walking out the door and not taking a second look to see if he was behind her. "No need to be discourteous."

There's another thing Elara hated about Nicholas. He was well known and wealthy as a bodyguard, making him overconfident and arrogant. And Elara was as well, so it didn't mash well. The brunette shot him a glaring look before shutting the door behind her, putting herself into the car.

As they got closer to the Crypto.com Arena, Elara felt herself getting anxious, her hands palmy as her heart rate began to skyrocket. She hadn't been seen in public since she moved, with the exception of her premiere of her documentary. All eyes would be on her, everyone watching her all night.

The talk of the media was who would win Album of the Year, and everyone was making assumptions over if she would win with Sorry or Taylor Swift would win with Midnights. Which Elara thought was ironic. Her and her ex were going head to head.

Elara wasn't expecting to win though. There was no promo for her album beforehand, and statistically, Midnights did better. As it should, of course. While Elara hated to admit it, Midnights was probably one of the best albums to exist. She was definitely not a swiftie, but Taylor was another level of talented.

When the car rolled to a stop in front of a red carpet showing her the entrance, Elara closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before stepping her heels onto the concrete.

Immediately, she was blinded. Flashes overtook her eyesight, yelling of paparazzi and fans replacing the sound of her thoughts. God, it was making her hate America.