I'm Waking Up

I woke up with blurry vision as I looked around me. Where was I? This place.....it looked so familiar, yet so different. I felt like I had been asleep for years. I slowly stood up on my shaky legs as I looked around me. There were fewer trees in the forest than I remembered and you couldn't hear the loud noises of the bugs like usual. There was dirt everywhere and little grass. What happened? Then she remembered where she was. She was on her front lawn. She turned around expecting to see her house but nothing was there. "Hello?" She called out. No answer. Her family's bomb shelter. She spotted that behind where her house used to be. Maybe they were all in there? She wondered. She tried opening the door the the the bomb shelter. It wouldn't budge. She saw a small lock on it. She didn't have a key, this lock didn't even look familiar. Who had put it there then? She wondered. She knocked very loudly on the door. "Hello?! Is anyone there?!" She called very loudly. No answer. She observed the door was made of wood that was rotting. It should be pretty easy to bust down. She thought. She started looking in the area of where her house used to be. She found and old bat sticking halfway out the ground. She pulled it out of the ground. Even though it was covered in dirt and bugs, she remembered it. She remembered playing baseball with her younger brother. Most teens her age hate their annoying younger brother. But not her. She loved him. She was 16 and he was 8. He was born with a mental disability that made it so he could never speak. He looked normal, he played normal, and he was probably the fastest kid in his grade. Although nobody ever wanted to race him because they all thought he was weird cause he didn't talk. He did have one friend though. Me. I was his best friend. He told me every day by writing it on a note, or playing with me, or comforting me when my boyfriend broke up with me. I was his best friend and he was mine. Sure I had friends at school who were fun and friendly, but they didn't care about me the way he did. I remembered all that as I looked at the dirty bat. I ran to my bomb shelter and started beating their door until it broke. I stepped inside and ran down the stairs. There I saw three very, old decaying skeletons. I started crying as I remembered everything.