𝘰𝘯𝘦

ᴀ ʙᴜᴄᴋ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ꜰɪᴠᴇ

⋆ ☾・ 𖤓・☽ ⋆ 

The brunette slowly opened the back door of an old gas station. She peeked her head into the the interior. She saw a single walker, Navy grabbed onto her knife as she crept around the rotting creature. 

She planted her knife into the back of the woman's head silently. The knife released as her rotted body collapsed to the ground. Navy checked the woman's body for anything she could use. 

When she found nothing she stalked the isles searching for anything to eat. Finding a protein bar under one of the shelves the girl sat down leaned against the counter.

Navy Campbell had been surviving on her own for what seemed like a year. She didn't know how long it had been truthfully. It was hard to keep track of time. She lost track during month three. 

Navy had ran into a few groups, they mostly consisted of hungry men or on the brink of death. The blonde learned from a early age that the only person you could completely rely on was yourself. 

Especially in this world, it was. kill or be killed. 

Navy spent the beginning of the end with her brother but he was quickly killed. He wasn't bitten, nor murdered. Cameron Campbell shot himself with his sisters only gun. He used her last bullet. 

Navy had been on a run and when she arrived she found the disturbed scene. Her parents had been eaten. Her brother couldn't bare to leave them in the state they were in so he ended it for them. 

The guilt of doing that ate him alive till he ended his suffering leaving his little sister alone. 

Navy sat with her backpack tucked into her chest and her knees up. She finished the last bite of the bar. Her stomach was still empty. That bar was the first she had in days. She zipped open her backpack and drank the last sip of her water bottle. She officially had no food or water.

She searched homes and any stores that weren't filled with walkers. 

"Hands up." 

Navy froze for a few seconds. The voice repeated itself again. 

The small brunette lifted both hands that were previously wrapped around her knees. 

Her head slowly turned to the side, a man with dark brown, curly hair stood in front of her. He wore a beige jacket and black jeans. He held a gun aimed at her head.

"I don't have anything, just let me leave and you'll never see me again." Navy turned her head back in front of her slowly. Her breath was hitched in her throat.

"Hand the bag to me and stand up. " The man spoke. Navy looked down at the bag in her lap. She slowly reached for it and handed it to the man. He snatched it and placed it on the counter as she slowly got to her feet. 

Her hands were raised in the air, in front of her. 

A second man that had short brown hair and wore a sleeveless shirt with a sleeveless vest zipped open her bag. 

He pulled out her empty water bottle, the single bandaid she had, kitchen knife and a family photo of her, her brother, mother, and father. That was her only belongings. "She ain't lyin'. Ain't got shit." The man with straight brunette hair spoke.

"Take out any weapons you have." The man with the gun said. Navy contemplated running, she knew better. Between the much taller two men, there would be no escape. 

The girl reached down to her belt and pulled out the knife she had. She motioned to the ground, wordlessly saying she was going to place it down. Navy quietly set it onto the ground.

The man with the crossbow stepped forward making Navy step back. He grabbed her by the forearm and began patting her body down. Once he found nothing else he held eye contact before letting her go.

"Are you alone? Do you have a group? A camp?" 

"No. I'm alone." Navy eyes flickered between the two men. The door opened silently, revealing two more people. A Korean man and a child entered. The boy looked maybe eleven, twelve at most. The Korean man seemed to be her age.