Part 1

He shouldn't have gone there. Sitting in the bathroom, his chest felt tight, his breath short. Tears streamed down his face with nobody there to wipe them or hold him. After a while, he stood up, walked to his bed, slipped inside, and curled up, wishing he didn't have to wake up the next morning.

 After a while, he stood up, walked to his bed, slipped inside, and curled up, wishing he didn't have to wake up the next morning

 A few hours earlier,

 His heart beat out of his chest as he contemplated whether to go inside. He had received an invitation a few days back for the post-marriage party of his ex, who had broken up with him for cheating. 

All his classmates were invited. He hadn't seen his ex or his friends since then, having left Seoul and come back just a few days ago. He hesitated but then went in. The music was blaring as he entered. He recognized some faces, but his throat clogged up when he saw his friends sitting at a round table, laughing. 

They looked the same as they did during college, maybe a little more mature. Seeing them after such a long time stirred up a lot of emotions. He missed them a lot, wishing things were normal so that he could hug them and tell them how much he missed them. 

He also saw his ex, standing next to a beautiful girl in a white gown, looking so in love. He was happy that his ex had moved on. He felt like he didn't belong there after ruining his friend's group and his ex's life.

 He had come there to try and change his past, to mend his mistakes. He couldn't bear to be lonely anymore, he needed to talk to his friends. His legs walked automatically to their table, and he stood near them. He cleared his throat, and everybody looked at him, including his ex and his ex's wife. It was an awkward moment, some looked surprised and others irritated before looking away. He looked at his ex, who was looking down, his wife looking surprised before a look of realization decorated her face. 

"H-hi," he stuttered in response, an awkward silence taking place. His eyes were already tearing up. He felt so foreign at the only place he felt at home, his friends who were like his brothers. He could hear some people talking behind his back, 

"Isn't that jungkook? Didn't he cheat on taehyung?"

 "I heard he left Seoul when did he come back?"

 "Doesn't he have any shame to come here after cheating on taehyung?"

 "Is he a fool, why is he embarrassing himself?" 

All of these words entered his ears. He felt so small. After what felt like ages, he wasn't able to say anything to them as he had prepared earlier, they ignored him and started conversing among themselves. He couldn't take it anymore. As he was getting close to a panic attack, the bouquet he brought felt clammy in his hands. With shaking hands, he left the bouquet at the table, said "congratulations," and ran away from the place. The cold air from outside hit his face, and tears started streaming down. He held himself till he boarded the bus and reached home.

Thank you for giving this story a chance.

This is my first time writing a story.

This story is just my imagination and purely fiction.