CH-13

Orm caught up with Lingling right when she was getting on her motorcycle outside.

"Lingling, will you talk to me please?" Orm pleaded,

"I don't wanna talk." Lignling said firmly.

"I wasn't flirting, Lingling!" Orm tried

"She asked you if you're single, and without a thought you said you were." Lingling stated. Orm knew she made a wrong move there. But it was a genuine mistake.

"I'm sorry, it was.. It's habitual, I regretted it the minute it was out of my mouth" Orm explained.

Lingling put on her helmet and revved her motorcycle, ready to go

"Lingling..." Orm pleaded.

"What?" Lingling snapped.

Orm suddenly felt overwhelmed. She hated that Lingling was upset. And she hated that Orm wouldn't talk to her. And she hated that Lingling was trying so hard to get away from her right now. The morning had started with her fantasizing about kissing the woman, and now Lingling was just walking away from her. But she couldn't force Lingling to stay if she didn't want to.

"I'm sorry" Orm said again "have a nice day" and she turned to walk back into the store, a little hurt, a little angry at herself, and a little annoyed too.

"Wait" she heard Lingling say resignedly. "Come back" Lingling said more calmly then.

So Orm walked back over and Maya took off her helmet.

Orm watched Lingling close her eyes and take a deep breath.

"It felt weird, watching someone flirt with you that way" Lingling said more calmly now

"I know. I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you it won't happen again, but I get all sorts of customers coming in here, Lingling.

Some entitled folks see a beautiful woman and think they can just hit on me. It happens to View too. Lord, it happens to Ying too sometimes. We just handle them the way we know how. It doesn't mean anything. And I don't flirt back with them, no matter how hard they try. I'm sorry about my 'single' reply. I just... I'm so used to answering yes to a question like that. I'll be more mindful"

"Okay, I understand," Lingling said.

"Thank you"

"You're keeping the number...?" Lingling began

"It's already in the trash" Orm assured quickly with a small smile.

Lingling nodded then and smiled back.

Orm stepped closer to her then and held the side of Lingling's face. It was a warm gesture, a way to connect with her "I'm here. I want this. Okay?" Orm said.

"Me too" Lingling said.

They stared at one another for a few seconds, and then Lingling took a deep breath and pulled out her phone. Orm was curious.

Lingling typed something in furiously and hit send. Orm felt her phone buzz in her back pocket. She opened up the message from Lingling and it was a text filled with kisses.

Orm laughed.

"Unbelievable," Orm said. Maya smiled, she reached out and took Carina's hand and kissed it.