chapter 1- prom date

6:52 AM, Friday

It's another ordinary day for most, but not for me. It's been a year since that awful, chaotic day. In fact, I don't feel like going to school, but I need to because missing one day of high school means about 12 extra hours of homework.

On this day a year ago Noah and I broke up, we were a 4 year long relationship. Thought we were gonna get married but he just had to mess it up.

God he was the love of my life, I was just so attached to him that when we broke up, I missed many days of school, volleyball practice, and skipped so many meals. Volleyball is my everything and for me to miss that just meant there was something seriously wrong.

"Chloe, c'mon we're gonna be late!"

That's Ben, my twin brother. VERY overprotective brother, just so you know.

I snap out of my thoughts and quickly apply some lipgloss before going downstairs.

"What took you so long?"

"I don't know I just did."

Ben rolls his eyes and says, "Right. Okay so anyways grab that bagel and eat it in the car."

"Okay."

I get into the passenger seat and put my backpack in the back seats. It's really silent in the car, I think Ben knows that it's been a year since the breakup. He's still friends with Noah which is kind of annoying. But Ben tries not to hang out with him when I'm around, which I appreciate.

A few minutes pass and we're at school.
__________________________________

2:16 PM, Friday

It's 8th period, math, which I share a class with Noah and a bunch of his friends. Is it bad that I still do kind of like him? Like obviously he's still really attractive. I look over at him, which was bad timing, because we made eye contact for like 5 seconds. Which is a LONG time.

His dark brown fluffy hair, those perfect lips, his nice tan skin, and you can't forget his light blue eyes.

I can't like him after what he did. He cheated, well kind of.

It was Brooklyn Crombel's birthday party, her parties are known for being "the party of the year" or "the best parties ever". She invites like half of our grade, all the popular kids.

I wouldn't have been invited if it weren't for Noah. He's literally the most popular guy in our school, so being his girlfriend meant I would become extremely popular too.

Noah got kind of drunk, and keep in mind I don't drink at all, I never have. I went to go get him some water because, well he needed it.

And I come back to see him flirting with Brooklyn, I don't remember the exact words but he was calling her pretty and saying good things about her body. Brooklyn was also going along with it. Then I freaked out and started getting mad. And then I broke up with him and left.

So Brooklyn is now my enemy and well Noah, I should be enemies with, I still kinda like him. I know it's not good. But my heart can't resist.

There were a few times where he tried to get back with me but I just couldn't do it. I couldn't get back into that relationship after how much it hurt me. I still think he is a good guy.

Anyways, I need to focus on my work. I write down the equations the teacher gives, but I hear noises out in the hallway. With my curiosity, I move my head slightly forward to see what's going on.