Arrival

Abri's POV

---

The buzzing of my phone jolted me awake as I fumbled to silence the alarm. The sunlight streamed through the thin curtains of my cramped bedroom, illuminating the mess I had hastily packed the night before. I had to get going, and quickly. Today was the day I would move into The Compact House, a place I hoped would change everything for me—a fresh start, a new adventure, and maybe, just maybe, a chance to discover who I really was.

I rolled out of bed, my feet hitting the cool hardwood floor. My heart raced with excitement and nerves as I tossed on a pair of comfy joggers and a vintage graphic tee. I ran a brush through my hair, trying to tame the wild curls that seemed to have a mind of their own. I glanced in the mirror and smiled, feeling a mix of determination and trepidation.

After a quick breakfast of toast and jam, I grabbed my suitcase and headed out the door. My parents were already in the car, a classic family SUV, with my dad behind the wheel and my mom fussing over my little brother, who was occupied with his video game. The ride to the house felt surreal, with the anticipation bubbling in my chest. I could barely sit still in the backseat, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt as we drove through the streets of Los Angeles.

Arriving at The Compact House was like stepping onto a movie set. The building stood out against the backdrop of palm trees and the bright California sun. It was modern and inviting, with an open layout and huge windows that gleamed in the sunlight. As we pulled up, I could see other cars parked outside, a mix of flashy and practical vehicles that belonged to my new housemates. My heart fluttered. Who would I meet? Would they like me? Would I fit in?

I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. The warm breeze ruffled my hair as I hoisted my suitcase from the trunk. My mom smiled encouragingly, and I could see a hint of pride in her eyes. “You’ve got this, Abri. Just be yourself,” she said, her voice filled with love. I nodded, hoping to channel her confidence as I approached the front door.

As I knocked, I could hear the muffled sounds of laughter and chatter from inside. A moment later, the door swung open, revealing a tall girl with vibrant purple hair styled in a high ponytail. She was dressed in a bright yellow crop top and denim shorts, exuding an effortless coolness that instantly put me at ease.

“Hey, you must be Abri! Welcome to The Compact House! I’m Tish,” she said, her voice warm and inviting.

“Yeah, that’s me! Nice to meet you!” I replied, feeling a wave of relief wash over me. Tish gestured for me to come inside, and I stepped into the house, ready to embrace whatever lay ahead.

Inside, the atmosphere was electric, filled with a mix of laughter and playful banter. The open living space was decorated with eclectic furniture and vibrant art, giving it a cozy yet artistic vibe. It felt like home already.

“Come meet everyone!” Tish said, leading me toward the kitchen area where a group of people was gathered. The first thing I noticed was the smell of fresh coffee and something sweet baking in the oven, which made my stomach rumble.

In the kitchen, a girl with curly brown hair and Honey brown eyes was mixing something in a bowl, her smile lighting up the room. “Hey, I’m Simia! Want to help me with these cookies?” she asked, holding out a mixing spoon covered in chocolate batter.

“Sure! I’d love to!” I grinned, feeling instantly welcomed. As I joined her, I caught sight of a girl standing by the counter, scrolling through her phone. She had sleek black hair and wore oversized glasses that accentuated her sharp features. She looked up, her expression a mix of curiosity and amusement.

“Don’t mind me. I’m just Nadia, making sure you all stay on brand,” she said with a smirk.

I couldn’t help but laugh. “So, what’s our brand exactly?” I asked, trying to gauge her vibe.

“Chaos and fun, mostly,” Nadia replied, raising an eyebrow. “But also, serious content creation. You’re gonna love it here!”

Tish and Simia laughed at Nadia’s sarcasm, and I felt my initial nerves dissipating. The three of them began to fill me in on their lives, how they had all come together in this house, and what it meant to be part of this unique living arrangement. Each of them had their own following on social media, with stories that were inspiring yet relatable.

Simia shared how she had gotten into baking as a way to connect with her audience, while Tish had an impressive talent for creating over-the-top prank videos that kept her fans coming back for more. Nadia, on the other hand, was the mastermind behind their group’s branding, always thinking of new ways to elevate their content. I listened, captivated by their stories and the energy they brought.

“Okay, but seriously,” Tish said, her eyes sparkling with mischief, “we have to do a welcome video for you! It’s basically tradition. We can film it right after you get settled in.”

I felt a rush of excitement at the idea. “Sure, I’m in!” I replied, eager to dive into this new chapter of my life.

After finishing up in the kitchen, I took my suitcase to my new room. The space was bright and spacious, with a large window overlooking the backyard. I could already picture myself decorating it with my favorite posters and plants.

As I unpacked, I could hear Tish, Simia, and Nadia discussing plans for the next video in the living room. The thought of being part of something so vibrant made my heart race. I was finally here, and I couldn’t wait to see where this journey would take me.

After a quick change into some comfy clothes, I made my way back to the living area, ready to join the fun. They were gathered around the couch, animatedly discussing ideas for my welcome video.

“I think we should do a ‘get to know Abri’ challenge!” Simia suggested, her eyes bright with excitement. “We can ask her some fun questions and see how well she answers.”

“Or we could do a cooking challenge!” Tish chimed in. “Let’s see if she can handle Simia’s baking skills.”

“Both sound great!” I laughed, feeling a warmth spread through me at their enthusiasm. “I’m down for anything!”

As we settled into planning, I felt an overwhelming sense of belonging wash over me. The laughter, the camaraderie, the excitement of starting something new—it was everything I had hoped for and more. In that moment, I knew that The Compact House would be more than just a living space; it would be a home, filled with friends, laughter, and endless opportunities.

I glanced around at my new housemates, their faces glowing with creativity and warmth, and felt a thrill of anticipation for the adventures ahead. This was just the beginning, and I was ready to embrace every moment of it.

I'm sorry you guys I'm not going to be posting any stories because I'm sick and I feel like I'm drained from my energy.... so yeah love you guy's.
1246 words