shawpi pt. 2

Y/N zoomed down the streets, the wind whipping through her hair as she reflected on her last delivery. The encounter with Maloi had been... unexpected. Instead of the usual annoyance, she felt a strange lightness in her chest. “What was that about?” she muttered to herself, trying to shake off the lingering thoughts.

Meanwhile, back at the apartment, Maloi had finally settled down on her bed, the parcel beside her. Diyos ko, ang awkward! she groaned, burying her face in her pillow. “Bakit nga ba 143? Anong nangyari sa akin?” The memory of Y/N’s unimpressed expression and the way she handled the situation made her feel even more embarrassed.

After a few minutes of self-recrimination, Maloi resolved to brush it off. “Next time, wag na maging ganyan!” she told herself. But the thought of seeing Y/N again sparked an odd mix of anxiety and excitement.

Later that afternoon, Y/N parked her bike at a café, ready to grab a quick bite before her next deliveries. She ordered a coffee and found a seat by the window, her mind wandering back to Maloi. Why did I even care about that?

As she sipped her coffee, her phone buzzed with a notification. It was another Shopee delivery request. Galing kay Yves, she realized, a smirk forming on her lips. The customer had ordered again.

“Fine,” Y/N mumbled, tapping the screen to accept the order. She glanced at the address—same apartment complex. Great. Just what I needed.

After refreshing herself and finally shedding the embarrassing memory, Maloi was in the kitchen, trying to prepare a snack when her phone buzzed. It was a notification that made her stomach flutter: Unknown Number was on her way.

Unknown Number:
OTW!
I'll be there in a few minutes ma'am.

“GAGO WAIT, WHAT?” she exclaimed, glancing at the time. “Siya nanaman!” She quickly tidied up the mess in the kitchen, her heart racing. Why was she so nervous? It was just a delivery.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang, causing her to jump. “Naku, dito na!” she whispered to herself, rushing to the door. She took a deep breath, trying to appear composed.

Y/N knocked on the gate and pressed the doorbell. When it swung open, she found Maloi standing there, looking a bit more put together than earlier but still adorably flustered.

“Hello, po!” Maloi said, her voice slightly higher than usual. Y/N raised an eyebrow, amused. “Sorry, kanina, sobrang...” Maloi started but stopped short, a shy smile creeping onto her face.

“143?” Y/N teased, holding up the parcel with a smirk.

Maloi’s face turned a shade of crimson, and she laughed nervously. “Ay, Diyos ko! Tigil na tayo sa topic na ‘yan, please?”

Y/N chuckled, her earlier irritation forgotten. “Okay, okay. Here’s your package.” She handed it over, their fingers brushing slightly, sending an unexpected jolt through both of them.

“Thank you!” Maloi said, her voice softer now. “Um, kung hindi ka busy, can I offer you a drink or something? Para makabawi?”

Y/N paused, surprised by the invitation. It wasn’t something she expected, especially not from a customer. “Um, sure, why not?” she replied, her heart beating a little faster.

Maloi felt a rush of excitement as she led Y/N into her small apartment. “Sana okay lang sa’yo ‘to,” she said, gesturing toward the cluttered kitchen.

“Basta may drinks, okay na,” Y/N replied with a playful grin. Maloi’s heart raced—Y/N was more laid-back than she’d anticipated, and the tension from earlier seemed to dissolve.

As they settled at the small kitchen table, Maloi poured two glasses of iced tea. “So, anong pinagkakaabalahan mo?” she asked, trying to keep the conversation light.

Y/N leaned back in her chair, looking at Maloi thoughtfully. “Nothing much, just deliveries. Pero, you know, today’s been... different.”

Maloi’s stomach did a little flip. “Different? In a good way, I hope?” she asked, her eyes bright with curiosity.

Y/N chuckled softly, a hint of mischief in her gaze. “Yeah, I guess you could say that. Not every day I get a customer who thinks 143 is the price.”

Maloi laughed, her cheeks warming. “Okay, okay, I admit, that was embarrassing. Pero promise, di na mauulit.”

“Just don’t keep me waiting next time,” Y/N replied, a teasing glint in her eyes.

As they continued to talk and laugh, Maloi felt an unexpected sense of comfort and connection with Y/N. Maybe this delivery wouldn’t just be a fleeting encounter after all.