Prologue

Prologue

Time goes by i become busier to find a suitable job, i graduate my programs in college and i never thought that it gonna still hard to find a job here in Manila. My parents are in province and i‘m happy because I have my own condo to stay, when i was a senior high I‘ll already working as an intern on a part time job—and dahil naka luwag-luwag and I‘m already done studying ay bumukod na ako.

It‘s already summer right now and tirik ang araw pero hindi iyon dahilan para tumigil ako sa pag hahanap ng trabaho. I want to work at the companies but my guts still bringing me into the world of music; and right now if someone's company offer me as a vocalist then i‘m going to say yes with them. Because that‘s my dream; with my friends.

When i sight seeing the beauty of buildings, on the big screen of the buildings may biglang lumitaw na list ng mga ‘Band’ na currently having there debut soon. “Maybe soon, i‘m gonna be vocalist...” saad ko.

Aalis na sana ako ng may nakita akong pamilyar na pangalan sa screen. And there‘s have a ‘Nostalgic’.
name between the screen.

“Nostalgic...” that‘s all that i say and finally go home dahil tirik narin ang araw. I just pass my requirements to the other companies, and they said they gonna call me if a pass the level one of the interview.

***

The next day i have totally no plans kung anong gagawin ko, i just waiting for the result of my interview yesterday—and there‘s still no update. It‘s required to give them our Emails because they‘re gonna update us on our own emails, but wala parin akong natatanggap.

I‘m busy checking my phone when suddenly my phone ring and that‘s means someone is calling. Aside from Diana my best friend and my other blockmates back then know my number pero ang naka lagay sa contact number ko ay ‘Unknown’ or number lang.

Beyond my curiosity of who could it be— i answer it.

Good Morning Ms. Galiardo, this is the Bricks Entertainment. Someone introduce you to us because you‘re the former vocalist of band before, so we are asking you if you're free today to have a brief meeting and strategy for being a part of a band.”

Did i just heard the ‘Bricks Entertainment’? a sudden reaction blow against my mind because i‘ve never interested working on the famous entertainment here in Philippines. And the caller just said the ‘Band’? Una ay hindi pa ako naniniwala because what if scam ‘to?

Hello po, about po sa sinasabi niyo, i‘d really love to be part of your production pero this can be scam po diba?” tanong ko

“I know you will say that. I forget to introduce myself. I am Nicolai Asuncion, the president of Bricks Entertainment. If you can‘t believe on us, you should check your emails because i‘ll already send you a message earlier”.

Dahil hindi ako makapaniwa ay agad ako tumungo sa emails ko, at first hindi ko siya nakita pero naisip ko na baka nasa spam and yeah andon nga.

Oh, I‘m sorry for that Sir. But can i ask po? Sino po yung nag introduce saakin sa company niyo?” agap ko.

“I think you can ask a question to me on person right? If you're free you can go to our company now, and i‘m gonna introduce you to your co-members on your band”

“This is a greet opportunity po, i have free time naman po kaya i can freely go there.”

“Okay, That‘s Good”

After I bid a goodbye to Sir Nicolai. I quickly change my shirt and get some shower. In 30 minutes of preparation i just wore a semi formal attire to meet them. Hindi ko inaakala na matatanggap ako kahit hindi naman ako nag apply pero i‘m very thankful right now.

When i already on the building of ‘Bricks Entertainment’ agad akong kinabahan sa papasukin ko pero this is my dream and i‘m happy dahil unti-unti nakakamit ko na ang mga ito.

After I greet the guard, i show him my appointment because the company is strict, outsiders is not allowed—mga may appointment lang ang puwede. Pupunta pa sana ako sa cubicle pero i think masyado na akong late for the brief meeting and yeah i just go to elevator and pressed the ‘7’ dahil iyon daw ang palapag nila.

I finally near at the door and there’s note na you need to knock three times if papasok ka. But before i knock sinigurado ko lang kung ayos ba ang mukha ko, i get my mirror to see my face but when i see it okay—i just open the door with nervous against my nerve.

Pag pasok ko ay agad akong nakita ng president ng entertainment which is si Sir Nicolai. And he just smile and walk closer to me.

“So here is our new vocalist” saad ni Sir. Nicolai.

“Good afternoon, I Am Dawn Lorren Galiardo, nice meeting y’al—” i introduce myself to them and i stop myself dahil parang may bumara sa lalamuna  n ko. So i know the reason why they choice me.

Theo, Von, Jade is my former partners on the band before, and yeah they are here at the front of me smiling genuinely—unlike to the only one person around them. I miss them but I more than miss my Cleo, my ride or die boyfriend aka my ex.

It‘s been two years since i officially part aways with them because of my undecided decisions. I‘m happy that i see them—him again.

I also exchange smiled with them.

“Oh, my best friend Dawny is here!” saad ni Theo.

The smile on there face is my favorite, if i can just bring the old time when we are together. I wish i can go there again. Yes I regret everything.

“I think you are already know Ms. Galiardo guys?” saad ni Sir. Nicolai.

“Ah yes Sir, base on our story she is our vocalist aka our best friend!” saad ni Jade.

“Mahiya nga kayong dalawa Theodore at Jade. Anyways, nice meeting you again trops” saad ni Von habang may ngiti sa labi.

They are still the same, playful and friendly.

“Hoy Cley, batiin mo naman best friend mo” pabiro at mahina na sabi ni Theo. Kahit mahina ‘yon ay rinig ko parin—all my eyes are still focus on him. Afterwards, he already focus on me an eye to eye contact, his eyes if full admiration, love, care and excitement—but now i can tell that the eyes i seeing is full of despite.

If I can won you back again Cleo.